Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
For that sort of money he can learn to kick a drop punt instead of this kicking around the corner bulls*** when directly in front of goal.

Shocking habit not just by him, but a few players.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
On another note...

How is it that the Carlton AFLW program is somehow escaping scrutiny?

We've won one game from six starts (that was by a point, against a team in their first season), kicked one goal a game in the past two matches/two goals in eight quarters (one of those against a team that lost by a record margin in their previous outing) and as a foundation club of the AFLW, have only gone backwards at a rate of knots in recent seasons.

Key players have left in droves over the past couple of seasons (why?) and winning does not seem the priority there.

Yet somehow there are no calls for a review into the program, nor any home truths, rather, let's just cheer-lead about how 'amazing' it is that the 'game-changers' are out there having a go.

Season five and as a foundation club bold enough to take the leap all those years ago, it is bitterly disappointing.

Reactions: 3 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
On another note...

We've won one game from six starts (that was by a point, against a team in their first season), kicked one goal a game in the past two matches/two goals in eight quarters (one of those against a team that lost by a record margin in their previous outing) and as a foundation club of the AFLW, have only gone backwards at a rate of knots in recent seasons.

Key players have left in droves over the past couple of seasons (why?) and winning does not seem the priority there.

Yet somehow there are no calls for a review into the program, nor any home truths, rather, let's just cheer-lead about how 'amazing' it is that the 'game-changers' are out there having a go.

Season five and as a foundation club bold enough to take the leap all those years ago, it is bitterly disappointing.
Clearly lost their way since Andy Maher retired as runner.... brains behind the operation!:cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
On another note...

I've commented on Carlton's AFLW situation on our AFLW board. Carlton have donated some great players to us (and other clubs) and from grand finalists they are now easy beats - probably the worst performing foundation AFLW club. Twitter commentary suggests Harford is a problem.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Maher. The quintessential “blokey bloke” drone with a strong mix of hand wringing thrown in. Everything’s a tragedy, disgrace etc.

Him and Gaze. Zzzzzz.

Reactions: 1 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Can you explain all that to Kane Cornes please. I’ve been texting him but he won’t reply. Maybe my repeated use of the word dullard isn’t helping….
He doesn’t know what dullard means.
Change it to *smile* stick and he’ll probably answer

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
For that sort of money he can learn to kick a drop punt instead of this kicking around the corner bulls*** when directly in front of goal.

Shocking habit not just by him, but a few players.
Agree 100%
Disgraceful that a bloke on 700k can't kick straight..
It's hard to watch at times

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Bump. Only 43 days before we meet Cartoon and how's this for a great way to start the cracks.....'messy exit'.....hope it's true.

1675212636409.png

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
SoS loves an off-cut.
More like last years dodgy left overs hiding low down in the back of the fridge. You know the ones I'm talkin about, got a little layer of greenish furry growin on top n even the summer flies leave the kitchen when ya warm em up in the micro.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Poor bloke can’t play this year to justify his $800k salary.

With Carlton supposedly having a tight salary cap, if they lose any players at seasons end he will be dragged into it via the media.