Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
There will be a spill on the board.
Voss will be gone by the resumption after the bye

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Carlton have a top 4 list but a bottom 4 coach, choosing Crazy Vossy was nuts, the state he left Brisbane in should have been a red light. From my observations he's a try hard maverick, most players have gone backwards & most lack continuity. Last week he made Hewett sub, started Walsh on the bench, rested Pittonet and then got smashed in the clearances. He's the opposite of Midas, he's a serial butcher. When I think back to the Lions I recall the treatment of Bradshaw in order to get Fevola, that ripped the fabric out of the side. Vossy is a poor man manager & a very average match day coach.
Bulls, Who do you think Carlton should’ve chosen as their coach instead of CRAZY Vossy?

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
They’ll be calling 1300Dimma
Stuck in ruck?
Is your team *smile*
No idea what your doing?
Call me, Dimma on 1300Dimma
Professional help for a professional price

AA6FD23B-424B-4A57-9AA0-5DEBE4FF54EA.jpeg
** past performances is no indication for future performances.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

DeathNinthandTaxes

Richmond 'till we die
Nov 4, 2007
did their due diligence and Ross came up short
Nah Rossy just protected his brand. You go through the 'process' and lose out to someone like Voss, your brand is cooked. Refuse the process because you believe you are bigger than all that, you get a shot at redemption elsewhere. Ross consistently said, this is who I am and this is what you get. f your process. Someone was eventually going to take him at his word. Brand.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Ross Lyon didn't end up throwing his hat in the ring for the Carltony job, a very astute man.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Brad Scott would have been my pick.

Head kicker at a club with too much arrogance? Smart move I would have thought but Essendon went down that road. I think it will take a while at Essendon, but right personality to try and fix the mess, Carlton could do with a similar personality.

DS

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Head kicker at a club with too much arrogance? Smart move I would have thought but Essendon went down that road. I think it will take a while at Essendon, but right personality to try and fix the mess, Carlton could do with a similar personality.

DS
Won’t matter who coaches at either club. The coach gets a little leeway once appointed. Then after one season if there isn’t any success, the coteries and the back room powerbrokers start sharpening their knives. It’s great to watch when it happens to other clubs (specifically those 2) :)

Last edited:

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Won’t matter who coaches at either club. The coach gets a little leeway once appointed. Then after one season if there isn’t any success, the coteries and the back room powerbrokers start sharpening their knives. It’s great to watch when it happens to other clubs (specifically those 2) :)

Which is why both clubs need an arrogant bully as coach, one who can see their knives, and raise a gun.

Until both clubs get the power brokers out of the way they are going nowhere, which makes me happy because I want to see both suffer at least a 37 year premiership drought, in fact I'll go for 72 years like South Melbourne suffered, that would make me happy. But if I was a supporter of either Carlton or Essendon I would want a complete mongrel as coach, someone who will speak the truth to the power brokers and give them a bloody nose while they're at it.

DS

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Voss might not be a great coach, but he has gone to a club where the expectations far outweigh the ability of the list.

The general public (only need to read on here) and the media think they are good enough to contend. No chance.

Sure they have an elite top end, but the team has massive holes in it. Look at their bottom 6.

Acres, Silvagni, Ed Curnow, Fisher, Honey, Kemp, Kennedy, Martin, McGovern, O'Brien, Owies et al are all very average AFL players yet nearly all are routinely picked.

Most wouldn't get a game at other teams and if they did wouldn't impact.

And they are stuck with not being able to improve because so much money is tied up with the most expensive on long term deals.

Williams 2026, Young 2026, Pittonet 2027 McKay 2030 etc. On top of Cripps, Curnow, Walsh (rightly) big money deals.

They are an average team, with average overall talent, with no easy way out. Crazy Vossy didn't realistically have much chance.

It's beautiful.

Reactions: 4 users

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Voss might not be a great coach, but he has gone to a club where the expectations far outweigh the ability of the list.

The general public (only need to read on here) and the media think they are good enough to contend. No chance.

Sure they have an elite top end, but the team has massive holes in it. Look at their bottom 6.

Acres, Silvagni, Ed Curnow, Fisher, Honey, Kemp, Kennedy, Martin, McGovern, O'Brien, Owies et al are all very average AFL players yet nearly all are routinely picked.

Most wouldn't get a game at other teams and if they did wouldn't impact.

And they are stuck with not being able to improve because so much money is tied up with the most expensive on long term deals.

Williams 2026, Young 2026, Pittonet 2027 McKay 2030 etc. On top of Cripps, Curnow, Walsh (rightly) big money deals.

They are an average team, with average overall talent, with no easy way out. Crazy Vossy didn't realistically have much chance.

It's beautiful.
Name one player who has improved under Voss? By my reckoning the entire list has underperformed, Hewett was very good last year, this year he has looked pedestrian. Cripps has struggled after winning a Brownlow, Walsh has lost his mojo with hitting targets on a regular basis, Docherty seems to lack a fixed position, Weitering nowhere near his AA form, the twin towers in Curnow & McKay can't kick straight, Cerra seems to be used as a clearance player which he aint, Saad looks like a headless chicken. I reckon a new coach will do wonders, plenty of upside in Carlton's list.