Caro called out, Footy Classified | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Caro called out, Footy Classified

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Giardiasis said:
I inferred your argument and you validated it. Own it.

You threw out a line and I responded. You own it. You derailed this thread to your own ends. I came along for the ride but it is dishonest in the extreme to lay this at my door.

You hold a view that you can't justify, so you revert to dogma. Meanwhile launching rockets, reading the spectrum of stars and colliding actual photons to discover the actual nature of actual matter will still require the use of a priori knowledge (mathematics and logic), and people's well-being will continue to fall as long as they ignore the a priori knowledge gained from economics.

Justify to who? A libertarian nutball and amateur philosopher on the interwebs? Get over yourself Gia. And your adherence to an obscure economic theory is no less dogmatic an approach than that of those you criticise. You just think your (quasi-religious) adherence to a philosophical position is an epistemological end game.

Your use of a priori knowledge as a battering ram is unconvincing. To my admittedly simple ear it sounds like you want every scientific claim to be derived from first principles. This is clearly nonsense. The current best practice of any science is just the accumulation of what works. It is a great edifice of utility. Science is the accumulation of knowledge. Astrophysicists needn't derive calculus/laws of motion/relativity from first principles in order to use them. They work. Their utility is what matters. Could they do it? The good ones could. Would it make any sense for them to reinvent the wheel 100s of times a day in order to keep epistemological internet evangelists happy? I can't see how.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
KnightersRevenge said:
You threw out a line and I responded. You own it. You derailed this thread to your own ends. I came along for the ride but it is dishonest in the extreme to lay this at my door.
You threw out a line (a soft pot shot I might add) I got the gist of what your were saying, and then you at no time until now have attempted to back out of it. It takes two to tango mate, so if you consider this thread derailed then have a look in the mirror.

KnightersRevenge said:
Justify to who? A libertarian nutball and amateur philosopher on the interwebs? Get over yourself Gia. And your adherence to an obscure economic theory is no less dogmatic an approach than that of those you criticise. You just think your (quasi-religious) adherence to a philosophical position is an epistemological end game.

Your use of a priori knowledge as a battering ram is unconvincing. To my admittedly simple ear it sounds like you want every scientific claim to be derived from first principles. This is clearly nonsense. The current best practice of any science is just the accumulation of what works. It is a great edifice of utility. Science is the accumulation of knowledge. Astrophysicists needn't derive calculus/laws of motion/relativity from first principles in order to use them. They work. Their utility is what matters. Could they do it? The good ones could. Would it make any sense for them to reinvent the wheel 100s of times a day in order to keep epistemological internet evangelists happy? I can't see how.
You're arguing with me, but now all of a sudden you don't feel the need to justify your arguements? What kind of nutball and amateur debating club did you join as a lad? I guess for someone that doesn't consider logic to be useful that shouldn't come as a surprise.

Just because you are too dull to understand logic and epistomology doesn't make economics obscure. You continually contradict yourself, and aren't even aware of the presumptions behind your arguments. It's ok to not understand this stuff, but don't come on here pretending like you have anything valuable to add to the discussion.

KnightersRevenge

Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
KnightersRevenge said:
Without wanting to get to get sucked into another Gia Property Rights quagmire he skillfully invents a court and justice system out of whole cloth and simply plonks your objections at their mythical door.

Here's my quote. Explain what this has to do with empiricism?

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
KnightersRevenge said:
Here's my quote. Explain what this has to do with empiricism?
"he skillfully invents a court and justice system out of whole cloth" - i.e. I theorise instead of using examples in the real world. Clearly you are an empiricist from this sentence alone, but you've got form too, I inferred correctly.

KnightersRevenge

Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Giardiasis said:
"he skillfully invents a court and justice system out of whole cloth" - i.e. I theorise instead of using examples in the real world. Clearly you are an empiricist from this sentence alone, but you've got form too, I inferred correctly.

Never shied away from it, but that is a long bow and you pulled it out of your arse apropos of nothing in this thread. I made a point about you often batting off hard questions on your property rights theory by claiming courts can sort it out before you have explained through what method these courts came about, or by what authority, in an individual property rights world, they operate. They remind of the villages that provided wives for Cain and Abel in the bible. You simply invoke them.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
poppa x said:
Caro says hi.

I've often thought of Caro's critique of Hirdy and the Essendon Football Club as a superb application of Immanuel Kant's Categorical Imperative in his formulation of ethics

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
poppa x said:
Caro says hi.

Thank goodness we got a new page. I keep coming back to this thread expecting some news.

Please Gia and Knighters, take your discussion to the right thread.
Just noticed this thread was moved to the Race Religion and Politics thread. It must have been too hard a task to split all the comments. Well done, best hijack of a thread to be seen.

Hey yandb maybe you could change the thread title. Save us all some confusion

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
KnightersRevenge said:
Never shied away from it, but that is a long bow and you pulled it out of your arse apropos of nothing in this thread. I made a point about you often batting off hard questions on your property rights theory by claiming courts can sort it out before you have explained through what method these courts came about, or by what authority, in an individual property rights world, they operate. They remind of the villages that provided wives for Cain and Abel in the bible. You simply invoke them.
I pulled it out in reference to your post in this thread!

I've given references for further reading into private law societies, which includes what they would look like and how they would work. I've even provided examples of real life private courts and how they work. But you tend to forget these things, your head would be sore otherwise.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Port Adelaide star Charlie Dixon spanked the Hawthorn defence on Thursday then gave a whack to veteran journalist Caroline Wilson on Friday morning, saying he didn’t “give a f***” about her criticism of his performance a week earlier.

MORE: Melbourne's mid-year report - four seasons in one day | Carlton's mid-year report - reasons to be cheerful

Wilson was harsh on the Power forward for a couple of incidents late in the round 10 game against Geelong, including going over the allotted 30 seconds to take his kick for what could have proved the sealer.

“When the game was there to be won you failed to count (the 30 seconds),” Wilson said.

“It was a silly schoolboy error, and when you’re a $650,000-$700,000 key forward everyone at the club counts the cost.”

Asked on radio station FiveAA whether Wilson’s words gave him any motivation to come out on fire against the Hawks, Dixon said “She can say whatever she likes, that’s her opinion and she’s irrelevant to me.”

Then, just to make sure he wasn’t misunderstood he added, “She can say whatever she wants, I don’t really give a f***, to be honest.”
http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/i-dont-really-give-a-f-dixon-gives-caroline-wilson-a-serve-afl-port-adelaide-charlie/183klxxldejmt1xi4csp1hm2fp

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
willo said:
Port Adelaide star Charlie Dixon spanked the Hawthorn defence on Thursday then gave a whack to veteran journalist Caroline Wilson on Friday morning, saying he didn’t “give a f***” about her criticism of his performance a week earlier.

Charlie is a tough guy, using the f word and all on the radio.