Caroline Wilson RE: Wallace | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Caroline Wilson RE: Wallace

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Caroline Wilson said last night (Talking Footy) that it appeared in hindsight that Wallace was correct to leave the Bullies, as he could not get anything else from them, and that their performance this year suggested that Wallace probably had them playing above their level of ability.

I suspect Caro has decided who she wants coaching Richmond next year.

I agree!

FoX

Tiger Cub
Jul 27, 2003
The question was raised again how poor the tiges were on the weekend on talking footy and, i find it funny how with all bruce's little stats i dont think spud's record or even a mention of how poor a record he has in coaching or the team's performance figures have yet to get a serious mention. Danny who ? ??? ???
p.s. i thought that 39 points was a good result for us i was expecting a 12 goal thrashing.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
The comment about Eade vs Roos was interesting. After 6 years Eade perhaps only saw what the swans players couldn't do and so couldn't get anymore out of the list meaning his time was up. Roos had a more positive attitude and instead saw what they could do and planned accordingly.

Danny's negative ways would put him in the Eade box.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
mightytiges said:
The comment about Eade vs Roos was interesting. After 6 years Eade perhaps only saw what the swans players couldn't do and so couldn't get anymore out of the list meaning his time was up. Roos had a more positive attitude and instead saw what they could do and planned accordingly.

Danny's negative ways would put him in the Eade box.

MT, that's what makes a good Coach, any sort of coach. You have to see what people are capable of and get that out of them. I don't believe we have people at our footy Club who can do that, or perhaps even know that. At least it hasn't seemed that way in the past.

The Club has been too busy trying to stay afloat that it forgot about its most important asset - the players.

Player development is the biggest area where we fall down. If we don't do something about this now and move with the times, we will get left so far behind that it just won't matter any more.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Well said MC, the player development is our biggest problem moving forward IMO.

One can only play so much negative footy until it grinds you down. A good analogy is Michael Chang the tennis player. At age 17 he was a superstar winning a grand slam. He got by on sheer grit and forcing his opponents to lose the game rather than win which was forced more by his lack of big shots. In the end, he forgot how to win, and only knew how to not lose to badly. His game went from one of flare and excitement to total and utter boredom....much like the tiges