Casey Re-elected | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Casey Re-elected

A

admin

Three more years for Casey
8:41:19 AM Thu 6 February, 2003
AAP

Richmond Football Club president Clinton Casey has been re-elected by the Tigers' board to remain at the helm for the next three years.

Casey, 45, who replaced Leon Daphne as president at Punt Road at the end of 1999, is also currently acting as stand-in chief executive until Richmond fills the role.

Previous chief executive Mark Brayshaw resigned at the end of last year.

Speaking from the Tigers' training camp at Traralgon east of Melbourne, Casey said he expected the club's new chief executive to be in place by the end of March.

"We are just about to go to the marketplace and hopefully we will have the right person in place for the season of the season," he said.

"We're really in no rush and I'll stay in the role until such time as we get someone suitable."

Despite a decrease in average Richmond crowds of about 10,000 a game last season due to poor performances, which triggered a fall from third in 2001 to 14th, the Tigers posted a small profit in 2002, not taking into account its $300,000 part share of the sale of Waverley Park from the AFL.

Casey said the club's new $4.5 million training facility would be ready for use by the opening round of the season.
The new building houses a four-lane swimming pool, new conditioning area for players and new administration offices and board room.