CFA-Guardian angels of our state | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

CFA-Guardian angels of our state

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
CFA (or someone purporting to be the CFA) making pro-Mirabella robocalls in Indi?

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/jul/05/country-fire-authority-denies-making-pro-mirabella-robocalls-in-indi

Chelsea

Tiger Rookie
Mar 28, 2005
antman said:
Really can't decide if you are for real or are a really cunning troll. It's a tough one.

Hi antman,
I don't think my post warrants you being suspicious I am a troll
All I did was post what I have seen in the media and to join in the conversation.
I will leave this thread if you are upset by this.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Chelsea said:
Hi there Tigersnake and Brodders17,
Prior to the election, The Age (FairFax), called for Turnbull and the Coalition to be re-elected.
http://www.theage.com.au/comment/the-age-editorial/federal-election-2016-malcolm-turnbull-deserves-time-to-deliver-on-potential-20160630-gpvjtw.html
Do you think this was hypocrisy from a usually left-leaning newspaper?
Or do you think they were trying reverse psychology on their readers?
or maybe they finally admitted that a Coalition government is best for Australia?
I have to admit I find it laughable that the Murdoch press is ripped into but The Age and the ABC in particular aren't shy in their bias the other way aren't commented on.
I guess if it's against someone's own opinions, it's bias. If it agrees with your own opinion, then they are simply stating the facts.

The Age endorsement made no sense. It was out of whack with their analysis. But their analysis is done by part-time columnists and staff and the editorial is done by management. The other related reason it didn't sit right with me was based on my own analysis that the Libs policies are abysmal, but Fairfax just ignored their extensive reporting that said as much and said 'but Malcolm seems nice so we give him the nod'.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Chelsea said:
Hi antman,
I don't think my post warrants you being suspicious I am a troll
All I did was post what I have seen in the media and to join in the conversation.
I will leave this thread if you are upset by this.

Just idle speculation Chelsea, carry on. Good to know you are for real.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
antman said:
CFA (or someone purporting to be the CFA) making pro-Mirabella robocalls in Indi?

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/jul/05/country-fire-authority-denies-making-pro-mirabella-robocalls-in-indi

Written and authorised by Sophie Mirabella. >:D

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Chelsea said:
Hi Brodders,
I don't disagree that News Limited favour the more conservative parties but I don't think it is any different to Fairfax/ABC leaning towards the more liberal/left-wing ideologies of our political spectrum.
All media have their agendas and what is in it for them.
The balance in this country is that one major media corporation support the conservatives and the other supports the rest.

disagree. the Oz favour the conservative parties. the Hun etc are like cheer squads. they are very different to Farifax and the ABC.
also non-News ltd media may be left leaning (which i reckon is arguable anyway), but they certainly are not Labor supporters, and there is no evidence to suggest they are.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
tigersnake said:
The Age endorsement made no sense. It was out of whack with their analysis. But their analysis is done by part-time columnists and staff and the editorial is done by management. The other related reason it didn't sit right with me was based on my own analysis that the Libs policies are abysmal, but Fairfax just ignored their extensive reporting that said as much and said 'but Malcolm seems nice so we give him the nod'.

Or maybe, when Fairfax try to be balanced and unbiased, you find yourself out of tune with them because no matter what the LNP do, they'll always be the bad guys as far as you're concerned ?

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Baloo said:
Or maybe, when Fairfax try to be balanced and unbiased, you find yourself out of tune with them because no matter what the LNP do, they'll always be the bad guys as far as you're concerned ?

They we'rent doing that. And if they were making a show of doing that, which I can understand politically, it fell flat for the reasons I stated.

What part of policies don't you understand Baloo? Environment, abysmal. Education, terrible. Health, cuts, cuts, cuts. Refugees, won the arms race to be tougher than the ALP, so that's a plus or a minus depending on your ethical framework. Economy, a company tax cut, which the majority of analysis I've read says is yesterdays policy, will have negligible benefits, and a significant proportion will go offshore.

Policies are where its at. Policies are what changes things, keeps things the same and affects our live. Not how nice Turnbull speaks or how awkward or annoying Shorten is. It is extremely basic stuff Baloo.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Because the left leaning Fairfax backed the LNP they are blatantly wrong ? But normally they're right ? Really ?

Take a step back and look at your posting here. It makes the McBeanites look balanced and rational.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Baloo said:
Because the left leaning Fairfax backed the LNP they are blatantly wrong ? But normally they're right ? Really ?

Take a step back and look at your posting here. It makes the McBeanites look balanced and rational.

I don't think you've read any of my posts. I'm going by whats in front of me, and laying it out logically. Balanced and rational. Basic.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
And yes, based on an analysis of their policies from someone who cares about the environment, public education and health, yes, they're blatantly wrong.

The invisibility of the environment from this campaign was telling. Turnbull knows what's going on. I almost feel sorry for him having to peddle their environment policy. The lack of discussion kept the progressive libs from getting uncomfortable.