CFA-Guardian angels of our state | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

CFA-Guardian angels of our state

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Brodders17 said:
it appears a lot of the pro-CFA and anti firefighters (union) ads are being paid for by the Libs. funny that.

Is there evidence of that?

Some people seem to forget the orchestrated and extremely boisterous campaign carried out by the UFU in support of Andrews at the last VIC election.

Good for the goose good for the gander.

Slinger

Tiger Cub
May 27, 2013
rosy3 said:
It went pretty close. Very ordinary comments resorting to personal insults. An inability to discuss a situation calmly and rationally. Speaks volumes really.

Very dirty business unfortunately.

Nope. Dumb & moronic were words I used to describe his claims about striking over milk.

Nothing to do with his volunteering- I've never bagged out the volunteer fireys.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Slinger said:
You were right the first time ant

I agree with your point but maybe not the way you expressed it Slinger!

Understand your frustration about lies and misinformation though.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Slinger said:
You're almost too dumb to respond to- but here goes.

Put up the proof to back up your moronic claims about striking. You won't have any because what you wrote never happened.

You do realise that the big scary union you're so concerned about is made up of career firefighters? So the fantasy you're putting forward is that career fireys in the MFB & CFA were going to strike over milk. Not turn out to fire calls over milk?

Tell us where you volunteer so the fireys there can be informed there's a moron in their midst.
The herald sun & the libs have played you like a piano.

Not acceptable sorry Slinger. Hartbalme is one for the very few PREnders I've met and have become real life friends with. I know he devotes his life to helping others. He doesn't deserve that kind of bullying. It's a clear breach of site rules.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
antman said:
I agree with your point but maybe not the way you expressed it Slinger!

Understand your frustration about lies and misinformation though.

What do you consider to be lies and misinformation antman?

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
tigertim said:
Yeah, to me it seems quite blatant in the HUNS attempt to sway voters against Labor on Saturday.

What's the money we barely hear about it (in the HUN ) after the election.

You think so Tim?! The dispute went for nearly 1000 days before average joe knew anything about it!

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
WesternTiger said:
You think so Tim?! The dispute went for nearly 1000 days before average joe knew anything about it!
Yep, went for 1000 days and no one knew (cared) about it. HUN gets onto it and waddya know! Outrage.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
WesternTiger said:

I think it was a pretty big issue at the last state election 18 months ago. The UFU campaigned loud and hard for Andrews as like all "good" politicians he told them what they wanted to hear. 18 months later it still hasn't been resolved.

To say no one knew anything about it before now is drawing a long bow.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
tigertim said:
Yep, went for 1000 days and no one knew (cared) about it. HUN gets onto it and waddya know! Outrage.

Ridley said:
I think it was a pretty big issue at the last state election 18 months ago. The UFU campaigned loud and hard for Andrews as like all "good" politicians he told them what they wanted to hear. 18 months later it still hasn't been resolved.

To say no one knew anything about it before now is drawing a long bow.

good post. This is not suddenly a new issue - think people just want to lay the boots in to the HUN due to its right wing leanings. Last state election there were firefighters from both sides fully kitted up handing out how to vote cards at my polling booth.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
jb03 said:
good post. This is not suddenly a new issue - think people just want to lay the boots in to the HUN due to its right wing leanings. Last state election there were firefighters from both sides fully kitted up handing out how to vote cards at my polling booth.
Geez, I get kicked when I defend the HUN and kicked when I have a go. Anyway, I can only comment on my perception.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
tigertim said:
Geez, I get kicked when I defend the HUN and kicked when I have a go. Anyway, I can only comment on my perception.

It was a fair call tim, there is this thing called form. Man, you should see the Courier Mail headlines up here. Abysmal. They've given up even on having a facade of impartiality.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
jb03 said:
think people just want to lay the boots in to the HUN due to its right wing leanings.

Guilty. Murdoch's relentless sticking up for the big guy gets to me.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
jb03 said:
good post. This is not suddenly a new issue - think people just want to lay the boots in to the HUN due to its right wing leanings.

right wing leanings?
thats like saying the Rise Up party are slightly racist.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
From what I can tell quite a bit. Swing to Labour even in the affected seats.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
WesternTiger said:
Haven't been following the election results. How many seats did this cost Labor in Victoria??

Had no effect whatsoever in terms of lost Labor seats - there are none. The only seat to have changed hands so far is Murray, where the Nats won a seat formerly held by the Liberals.

You could argue it might have reduced the swing to Labor, and potentially cost it seats it might have taken back from the Coalition. Most experts think that voters distinguish state from federal politics - I reckon the impact has been pretty minimal. I'm not saying it's not a significant issue, but it's a state issue.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Minimal impact, it would seem.

On another note, they should polygraph all CFA and UFU members for Lucifer-like tendencies.