CFA-Guardian angels of our state | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

CFA-Guardian angels of our state

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Dunno the affect on seats but the swing against the Libs in Victoria was half what it was Nationwide. (according to Sky News).

poppa x

Tiger Legend
May 28, 2004
Mt Waverley
jb03 said:
Dunno the affect on seats but the swing against the Libs in Victoria was half what it was Nationwide. (according to Sky News).

And the figures - according to Labour Scrutineers - indicate they'll lose Chisholm.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
jb03 said:

Yeah I reckon it had an effect, not a lot, but enough. Without it the ALP might have won a few more seats and won the election. Who knows? But you could say it kept them out of government.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
about 52% of the TPP in Victoria went to labour. if it had any affect, it would have been minimal. I would have thought Baird and Barnett had a bigger effect in NSW/WA.

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
Slinger said:
G'day 78

1- I'm not sure why some volunteers are speaking out & seeing this EBA as a negative- that's why I asked mk33

2- the new agreement will make the community safer due to faster response times in the relevant areas (as I wrote earlier, there are only 34 integrated CFA stations in Victoria- out of 1200). Importantly it will also make the job of the firefighters safer.

3- As for the DSE, sorry no idea.

Slinger,

in an article about the dispute it was said that there were 'cultural issues' between the CFA and the UFU to be sorted out. Any idea what those cultural issues might be? Could authority to delegate and implement by CFA local chiefs perhaps be lost to career firies?

Also, an additional 342 career firefighters are to be put on by 2016 - is that in areas that once were classified as 'country' but are now classed as outer suburbs or are they to be put on right across rural victoria?
Any news?

Chelsea

Tiger Rookie
Mar 28, 2005
tigersnake said:
Guilty. Murdoch's relentless sticking up for the big guy gets to me.
Brodders17 said:
right wing leanings?
thats like saying the Rise Up party are slightly racist.

Hi there Tigersnake and Brodders17,
Prior to the election, The Age (FairFax), called for Turnbull and the Coalition to be re-elected.
http://www.theage.com.au/comment/the-age-editorial/federal-election-2016-malcolm-turnbull-deserves-time-to-deliver-on-potential-20160630-gpvjtw.html
Do you think this was hypocrisy from a usually left-leaning newspaper?
Or do you think they were trying reverse psychology on their readers?
or maybe they finally admitted that a Coalition government is best for Australia?
I have to admit I find it laughable that the Murdoch press is ripped into but The Age and the ABC in particular aren't shy in their bias the other way aren't commented on.
I guess if it's against someone's own opinions, it's bias. If it agrees with your own opinion, then they are simply stating the facts.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Chelsea said:
Do you think this was hypocrisy from a usually left-leaning newspaper?
Or do you think they were trying reverse psychology on their readers?

Hilarious stuff Chelsea. Well done.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Ah the Ghost of Livers returns. I kinda miss him telling me who I vote for.

Chelsea

Tiger Rookie
Mar 28, 2005
antman said:
Hilarious stuff Chelsea. Well done.

Hi Antman.
I thought it was strange that the majority of articles from The Age leading up to the election were very one-sided and since the election they have continued in the same vain.
Why do you think they decided to then plead with their readers to vote for the Coalition government?
Have you a view?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Chelsea said:
I thought it was strange that the majority of articles from The Age leading up to the election were very one-sided and since the election they have continued in the same vain.

Really can't decide if you are for real or are a really cunning troll. It's a tough one.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
http://theaimn.com/a-very-interesting-photo/

yeah so the "hands of the CFA" domain name was registered by the LNP last April. when did this issue originally blow up? about 6 weeks ago?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Ian4 said:
http://theaimn.com/a-very-interesting-photo/

yeah so the "hands of the CFA" domain name was registered by the LNP last April. when did this issue originally blow up? about 6 weeks ago?
So we are meant to believe the LNP would register the website name "handsofftgecfa.com" under the name Liberal Victoria? Hmmmm, I'm not buying it.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
tigertim said:
So we are meant to believe the LNP would register the website name "handsofftgecfa.com" under the name Liberal Victoria? Hmmmm, I'm not buying it.

Reported here. Only the Libs and their social media hacks would be so stupid.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/workplace-relations/cfa-crisis-firefighter-handed-a-bullet-shell-for-the-premier-20160622-gpozsi.html

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
antman said:
Reported here. Only the Libs and their social media hacks would be so stupid.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/workplace-relations/cfa-crisis-firefighter-handed-a-bullet-shell-for-the-premier-20160622-gpozsi.html
Ok, I'm buying, how much do I owe?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I'm not sure if the article mentions it but the Libs handsoffthecfa site linked directly to a page for donations to the Liberal party.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Chelsea said:
I have to admit I find it laughable that the Murdoch press is ripped into but The Age and the ABC in particular aren't shy in their bias the other way aren't commented on.
I guess if it's against someone's own opinions, it's bias. If it agrees with your own opinion, then they are simply stating the facts.

you are seriously comparing murdoch rags such as the Hun and Daily Tele with the Age and ABC?

i must have missed the front pages parodies calling Turnbull a liar with a pic of Pinnochio.
who is the Age's version of Andrew Bolt?

the Murdoch rags get ripped because they dont even try to have any balance.

Chelsea

Tiger Rookie
Mar 28, 2005
Brodders17 said:
you are seriously comparing murdoch rags such as the Hun and Daily Tele with the Age and ABC?

i must have missed the front pages parodies calling Turnbull a liar with a pic of Pinnochio.
who is the Age's version of Andrew Bolt?

the Murdoch rags get ripped because they dont even try to have any balance.

Hi Brodders,
I don't disagree that News Limited favour the more conservative parties but I don't think it is any different to Fairfax/ABC leaning towards the more liberal/left-wing ideologies of our political spectrum.
All media have their agendas and what is in it for them.
The balance in this country is that one major media corporation support the conservatives and the other supports the rest.