Change to the National Anthem | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Change to the National Anthem

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
The flag is bloody awful, along with the National Anthem.

The real challenge is to come up with something better.

The Eureka Flag isn't bad but we need some part of the flag which represents the indigenous Australians. Also, the Eureka Flag is from Victoria so might cause some debate on that aspect.

DS
If we took the Union Jack off that would do it. The stars have always been there.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
If we took the Union Jack off that would do it. The stars have always been there.

If we change some of the colours too. Bringing the red, yellow and black into the Australian flag would represent the aboriginal heritage that Australia has. I've seen a design that has almost like a boomerang shape to the right of the Southern Cross, with 2 stripes of black and red and the Southern Cross as yellow.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
If we change some of the colours too. Bringing the red, yellow and black into the Australian flag would represent the aboriginal heritage that Australia has. I've seen a design that has almost like a boomerang shape to the right of the Southern Cross, with 2 stripes of black and red and the Southern Cross as yellow.

This is the one, but I don't think there should be a white seperation line between the red, black and yellow area and the blue and white, it should be integrated together, not with a separating line.

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
This is the one, but I don't think there should be a white seperation line between the red, black and yellow area and the blue and white, it should be integrated together, not with a separating line.

I agree there, it’s meant to unite, not divide.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
there is certainly merit in a red, yellow and black flag. but China's flag in predominantly red, so we should probably exclude that colour.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Trouble with alternative designs is that they all look like they have been designed on PowerPoint. Or they try to address too many issues, please and appease everyone.
the Canadians nailed it when they came up with the Maple Leaf ... single motif two colours.

Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
That's why the Aboriginal flag is the one I think, add the Southern Cross on the sun and you have it.

Politically I don't reckon you would get that through, there would be all sorts of complaints, but basically it would just be racism which would sink this.

DS

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I think we need a flag that screams greatness and pays homage to the indigenous Australian.

Black background. Yellow diagonal stripe from top right to bottom left. Red Sherrin in the middle.

Sorted

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
That's why the Aboriginal flag is the one I think, add the Southern Cross on the sun and you have it.
Our indigenous people were the first to inhabit. The flag is a beauty.
Our flag should be that flag representing their contribution and offering the fact that our progress over 40,000 years is a result of the contribution of many.
No need for Union Jacks or Southern Crosses but honour for our first residents and their history and respect for those who have followed.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I think we need a flag that screams greatness and pays homage to the indigenous Australian.

Black background. Yellow diagonal stripe from top right to bottom left. Red Sherrin in the middle.

Sorted

If we are going to include a Sherrin and therefore all things quintessentially Australian then we should include a Bunnings snag on the flag. It could be dripped in the aboriginal colours - Black (Blackened sausage), Red (Tomato sauce), Yellow (Mustard)

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
So as of today the National anthem changes to “one and free”. Good work Scotty.