Changes against Demons! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes against Demons!

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
I looked - but found no thread!!!!

Can I assume we all agree that there will be no changes against Demons?

Perhaps bring in a ruck to help Nank (v Gawn?)

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I would bring in CCJ as we need more in the ruck and Nank needs a break.

Not sure who to leave out though, maybe an unlucky Aarts?

DS

bricci

Tiger Rookie
May 7, 2004
Surely KMac comes back in; probably at the expense of Aarts - who would likely be the sub (Could be Ross again as he did play VFL).

I think CCJ will get his chance (probably when we give Nank a rest in 2-3 weeks).

On a side note: Not sure Mansell has got the kudos he deserves - a damn good 2nd game - fits into our side perfectly.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Looking at last week's team, Manssiere was named at HB with Baker and Broad on the bench. That's more defensive backup than we need, so:
In: CuJo
Out:
101618597_3244784682219620_1547875306893737984_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
In - Coleman-Jones
Out - Mansell

Mansell did nothing wrong but we need to pick a team to negate the Demon's height advantage. CCJ to give Nank the chop out. Can't play Marlion in the ruck this week and we need to keep Balta and Astbury in defence.

Reactions: 6 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
In - Coleman-Jones
Out - Mansell

Mansell did nothing wrong but we need to pick a team to negate the Demon's height advantage. CCJ to give Nank the chop out. Can't play Marlion in the ruck this week and we need to keep Balta and Astbury in defence.
This for me. Kid is unlucky but we need the extra ruck this week.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Don’t think we’ll make changes because of the opposition, we'll let them worry about us

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Who plays on K Pickett, if Nigel is replaced by CJ
That is a good point Taz. Maybe Bakes? But Nigel would seem more suited.

I'm concerned about overloading Nank. I do think he will need a chop out against Gawn and the time seems right for CCJ to have a crack. But who makes way if not Nigel? Maybe Aarts?

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
That is a good point Taz. Maybe Bakes? But Nigel would seem more suited.

I'm concerned about overloading Nank. I do think he will need a chop out against Gawn and the time seems right for CCJ to have a crack. But who makes way if not Nigel? Maybe Aarts?
I think CJ plays, I also think the Skip might be rested

Playing Nigel allows Bakes to play up the ground & its a thing of beauty that he does

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Yes Gawn is dominating, but if Dusty is dominating and the opposition selects an inexperienced kid just because of Dusty, would you worry?

No change.

Looking forward to CCJ sometime this season though.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I think CJ plays, I also think the Skip might be rested

Playing Nigel allows Bakes to play up the ground & its a thing of beauty that he does
Yes agree on Nigel and Bakes. I hope the skipper plays though; we need him against the Melbourne midfield.

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
Good position to be in.

With the decent break from the Saints game, no need to rest anyone.

As previously posted, Ruck could be an issue.

Gawn and Jackson had 46 Hit Outs against McEvoy (17) on the weekend

Nank had 20 against McEvoy and Ceglar (25 Combined) in Round 2

Nank will need a chop out at some stage, Marlion Grigg may not be able to have any impact as the wildcard, nor would I want to risk Astbury.

All roads may lead to a CJ inclusion who would no doubt want to work his @ss off after last year.

So who goes out if we look at the 2nd Ruck? Mansel would be pretty stiff but likely candidate.

Jack Ross medical sub to come on at 3/4 time.