Changes against Demons! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes against Demons!

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I'd be very surprised if our backline can't handle these plonkers. I heard this morning that Fritsch is a likely in?

I'd be even more confident if Vlastuin was playing. How far away is he?
With Broad doing a pretty good job at filling Vlastuin's role I am not too worried about Nick being out

Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
If we can do to Melbourne what we did to the Saints, it will derail their whole season. They are going ok but they are still a mentally fragile team.

I think we are that sort of team now, love to spoil big milestones (Jones 300) and play the games with meaning - this is one of them.

And Dusty has raced to 250 also - he is ready for a special performance also.

Edit: sorry meaning of the thread - in CCJ, out Aartsie babe

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Potentially going to be wet on Saturday. I'd love it if the Dees loaded up on underdone talls in Weiderman and Brown. We'll run it out of their F50 with absolute ease.
If its wet the tigers real odds should be around 1.20. Or lower.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I must be one of the few that’s a little bit nervous about this game

Reactions: 5 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
He's missed 4, another 1 or 2 maybe?

Tigga has missed 4 matches so far but the in jury was not diagnosed correctly until after round 3 whereby he had to go in for an operation and they were saying he would miss 4 - 6weeks.
Balmey on Talking Tigers said they were speaking to the docs yesterday and ball park was another 2 weeks for Dion and 5 weeks For Nick and have him right for the 2nd half of the yearo_O

This is at odds with website that says Short Term, as I have mentioned he is not yet running at training.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Tigga has missed 4 matches so far but the in jury was not diagnosed correctly until after round 3 whereby he had to go in for an operation and they were saying he would miss 4 - 6weeks.
Balmey on Talking Tigers said they were speaking to the docs yesterday and ball park was another 2 weeks for Dion and 5 weeks For Nick and have him right for the 2nd half of the yearo_O

This is at odds with website that says Short Term, as I have mentioned he is not yet running at training.
Core players returning for the back end of the season? Worked wonders for us last year.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
This game is a worry. Melbourne have not played any really good teams but 5 wins on the trot means they have some confidence and why not, they are going well.

Will they fold if they lose a few? Everyone said that about us in 2017 (given the previous few decades a reasonable position). If, and it is a huge if, Melbourne have managed to create a better attitude than the one they took into the 2018 finals, they are a chance to go deep into September.

I still think at our best we can beat them but Melbourne are a better team than they have been for many years.

We need support in the ruck so I'm sticking with In: CCJ, Out: would be one of Mansell or Aarts. Mansell because he needs more work, Aarts because I'm still not convinced, he plays well some weeks but I really don't know if he will be good enough come the pointy end of the season. My only worry is whether the sacrifice of speed for an extra ruck upsets the balance, not an easy question to answer.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The comparisons to us in 2017 don't hold much weight. We had an outlier year in 2016 then came back to where we were heading in 2017.

Dees had one good year in how many now? 10? Mentally that aren't there yet. That are being pumped up by the media and it's bound to have them drinking their own bathwater.

I'll call it now. If we smash them, their season is over. They will turn to mush and it won't be long before they start thinking about another pre-season documentary.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
The comparisons to us in 2017 don't hold much weight. We had an outlier year in 2016 then came back to where we were heading in 2017.

Dees had one good year in how many now? 10? Mentally that aren't there yet. That are being pumped up by the media and it's bound to have them drinking their own bathwater.

I'll call it now. If we smash them, their season is over. They will turn to mush and it won't be long before they start thinking about another pre-season documentary.
Agree Baloo, Our 2013 & 2015 teams were just as good as the 2017 team, all three went 15-7 but the 2013 & 2015 teams at the top won more games and there was rubbish at the bottom, GWS (1-21) and GCS being babies in the league so we finished 5th both years but 3rd in 2017.

2013 - 15 - 7 - 5th - 122.8%
2015 - 15 - 7 - 5th - 123.1%
2017 - 15 - 7 - 3rd - 118.3%

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Why is the media using Melbourne as the bench mark?
They are one good slapping from sacking coaches and another major rebuild.
I hope we put them to sleep on satedey night

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
In Collier-Dawkins Cameron-Jones
Out Aarts omitted, Grimes.

B Astbury Balta Short
HB Mansell Broad Houli
C McIntosh Bolton Pickett
HF Rioli D, Edwards Castagna
F Lynch Riewoldt Lambert
R Nankervis Martin Cotchin
I/C Baker Cameron-Jones Collier-Dawkins & Graham
Sub Grimes.
Grimes ?.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Agree Baloo, Our 2013 & 2015 teams were just as good as the 2017 team, all three went 15-7 but the 2013 & 2015 teams at the top won more games and there was rubbish at the bottom, GWS (1-21) and GCS being babies in the league so we finished 5th both years but 3rd in 2017.

2013 - 15 - 7 - 5th - 122.8%
2015 - 15 - 7 - 5th - 123.1%
2017 - 15 - 7 - 3rd - 118.3%
Except that we were still flakey in 2013-15, whereas we started monstering the best teams at the business end of 2017.

Wait and see for GoDees but any side that already has five wins will likely play finals.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
What's all this bs about the plethora of forward line options Dudbourne have and the problems that might cause ? What ?

Far out, if we cant handle spuds the likes of Mitch Brown, the other milk bottle Brown, Weideman, Spargo, K Pickett or McDonald or whatever combo they come up with, then we're having a bad night. Their forward line is ***. As long as we don't let it get in there incessantly coz we're getting beaten further up the ground, then we should be able to handle those spuds. Dudbourne. Pfffft.

Tigerhealer

I'm a llama!
Sep 7, 2003
Why is the media using Melbourne as the bench mark?
They are one good slapping from sacking coaches and another major rebuild.
I hope we put them to sleep on satedey night
and a few injuries to some of their better players and down they go

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
What's all this bs about the plethora of forward line options Dudbourne have and the problems that might cause ? What ?

Far out, if we cant handle spuds the likes of Mitch Brown, the other milk bottle Brown, Weideman, Spargo, K Pickett or McDonald or whatever combo they come up with, then we're having a bad night. Their forward line is ***. As long as we don't let it get in there incessantly coz we're getting beaten further up the ground, then we should be able to handle those spuds. Dudbourne. Pfffft.

The media don't get it, the reason they are up there 5-0 is on the back of their defence, not their forward line. They actually rely on a lot of goals from their midfield and don't really have dominant forwards (Pickett being their best). I mean McDonald has kicked 6 in 5 games in a season that has really favoured the talls. In the same time period, Jack has 17 and Lynch has 10 (and I don't personally think he's been anywhere near his best). They are hoping that Ben Brown and Weiderman make the difference but nothing yet has shown that will happen.