Changes against Demons! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes against Demons!

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
The media don't get it, the reason they are up there 5-0 is on the back of their defence, not their forward line. They actually rely on a lot of goals from their midfield and don't really have dominant forwards (Pickett being their best). I mean McDonald has kicked 6 in 5 games in a season that has really favoured the talls. In the same time period, Jack has 17 and Lynch has 10 (and I don't personally think he's been anywhere near his best). They are hoping that Ben Brown and Weiderman make the difference but nothing yet has shown that will happen.
May has been a big loss for them.

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
The ticks that I see for Melb. this year
They are quicker and have tweaked their game plan to move the ball quicker
May and Lever in good form behind the ball (so May out will be hard for them to cover )
Gawn is in form and has proven himself over time (in our scratch match I watched the ruck duels closely and Nank was out jumpimg Gawn in the centre )
maybe the big one , they don't seem to be trash talking anywhere near as much , and part of their success this year might be they have got their heads right
and they now have an "X" factor player , Kosi Pickett

on the counter
our last two games have been of the highest order
The port game was widely regarded as "best game of the year" , "finals like"
The Saints game , the Saints did battle well till half time , but our defense was absolutely super and chocked them into submission

If we bring that to the Anzac eve game , its hard to see Melb. matching it

if we are a little off that form its game on

The spoiler , we have Deboy roaming the field enthusiastically looking for Melb. frees
and the inclusion of Flopper Brown might give the umps the head movement they to give them plenty
remember from last week , anything above the nipples is high :-(

Reactions: 1 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
The spoiler , we have Deboy roaming the field enthusiastically looking for Melb. frees
Is this true? DeBoy gets our game. I don't care who is in for Melb, this squib's inclusion would be the biggest in for Melbourne. If the drinking game was to take a shot every time he paid a free to us and skull a glass of water for every free to them, you would be very sober and even more well hydrated,

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
They are desperate to get May back in. Sounds dangerous to me, fractured eye socket, key defender. One stray elbow and he's in a lot more strife.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
They are desperate to get May back in. Sounds dangerous to me, fractured eye socket, key defender. One stray elbow and he's in a lot more strife.
Lucky they're not playing the Cats again. Flopperfield and Rortkins would have him lined up for an accidental collision

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

there's no way theyd play him against Geelong

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

there's no way theyd play him against Geelong

The_Celebrant

Tiger Superstar
Aug 18, 2018
malemelbournecelebrant.net.au
Here's why I want CCJ in.

We need to plan and prepare for a GF against a side with 3 good tall forwards eg Eagles.

To me that says Balta stays in defence all game. It also says that, between our two rucks, we often have a tall to go back or forward, as play dictates.

The Melb game is as good as any to start this preparation, to start rehearsing the structures and positioning and tactics that will serve us well in finals.

Reactions: 15 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Is this true? DeBoy gets our game. I don't care who is in for Melb, this squib's inclusion would be the biggest in for Melbourne. If the drinking game was to take a shot every time he paid a free to us and skull a glass of water for every free to them, you would be very sober and even more well hydrated,

We'd spend the second half at the urinal

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I'll call it now. If we smash them, their season is over.

Horniest line I've read today.

I agree with totally,

They are one or two bashings from having their chassis buckled.

Frontrunners abosolutely they are we need to hit them hard early and shut them them down. Then we put them down.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
to start rehearsing the structures and positioning and tactics that will serve us well in finals.

Its waaaaaaaaaaaay to early for that.

we start that in about mid July.

now is the season for preserving cartilage and ligaments of important players and gaining 4pts with the smallest possible physical and mental exertion

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
If they rush May back, then we’re in their heads. Risking a guy who is important to long term success in an April game when you’re 5 nothing is not smart player management.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
If they rush May back, then we’re in their heads. Risking a guy who is important to long term success in an April game when you’re 5 nothing is not smart player management.
Spot ON.

They are all chips in this week ala Kochies in round 4.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

yes its insane. fractured eye socket. 4 weeks.

panic and bring him back in 2.

its why our success is self-perpetuating.

everyone throws everything at us, and we dont really care.

then we care in September.

Reactions: 1 users