Changes against Demons! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes against Demons!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Is there gonna be a banner for the great man?

End the banner farce

no ones gonna get covid from running into a banner.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
The media don't get it, the reason they are up there 5-0 is on the back of their defence, not their forward line. They actually rely on a lot of goals from their midfield and don't really have dominant forwards (Pickett being their best). I mean McDonald has kicked 6 in 5 games in a season that has really favoured the talls. In the same time period, Jack has 17 and Lynch has 10 (and I don't personally think he's been anywhere near his best). They are hoping that Ben Brown and Weiderman make the difference but nothing yet has shown that will happen.
Actually Fritsch is their best forward this year and is a big out for them if he doesn’t come up

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Is there gonna be a banner for the great man?

End the banner farce

no ones gonna get covid from running into a banner.

I reckon it should say.

'Dusty: you are just another bloke and its just another game. Except you are a touch Messianic; a freak of physics who brings unspeakable joy to millions of people. but yeah, plenty of people do that, in their own little way. we love you dusty xxxooo'

Reactions: 4 users

mmiddleton

Tiger Cub
Jun 5, 2015
Yes agree on Nigel and Bakes. I hope the skipper plays though; we need him against the Melbourne midfield.
Definitely need the grunt in close and feed our runners outside - ambush of a likes they haven’t had to come up against yet this year

Reactions: 1 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Horniest line I've read today.

I agree with totally,

They are one or two bashings from having their chassis buckled.

Frontrunners abosolutely they are we need to hit them hard early and shut them them down. Then we put them down.
I think the Demons are different this year. Not Premiers different. But much better, less flaky, more resilient. I believe there's a much greater resolve about them this year. And to my eye, they have a reasonable number of players who are simply in good form at the moment. I like their defence. May, Lever get mentioned. This year, even though he's been maligned by his own supporters for years, Salem is in great form too. The 'I'm out of contract, need to play my arse off to get another contract', type form. Gawn is looking like an inspired choice as captain.

I admire the confidence of many posters, wish it came to me naturally. I sense a confidence similar to the swans game. Not saying we lose, but wouldnt be at all surprised their midfield gets on top of ours. A Dion-missing midfield always worries me. On paper we should win, especially with the sheer class of Jack, Dusty and Edwards winning their positions.

Reactions: 4 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
If it's not too wet, CJ in for Mansell. If it is a bit wet, Ross or RCD in for Mansell.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I think the Demons are different this year. Not Premiers different. But much better, less flaky, more resilient. I believe there's a much greater resolve about them this year. And to my eye, they have a reasonable number of players who are simply in good form at the moment. I like their defence. May, Lever get mentioned. This year, even though he's been maligned by his own supporters for years, Salem is in great form too. The 'I'm out of contract, need to play my arse off to get another contract', type form. Gawn is looking like an inspired choice as captain.

I admire the confidence of many posters, wish it came to me naturally. I sense a confidence similar to the swans game. Not saying we lose, but wouldnt be at all surprised their midfield gets on top of ours. A Dion-missing midfield always worries me. On paper we should win, especially with the sheer class of Jack, Dusty and Edwards winning their positions.

Yep, gonna be a close one.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
I agree dee's a different outfit and playing better football there 5 wins tho against poor opponents teams they should be winning against.Yeah cats was a good win , but there not going great to.Hawks exposed them a bit I reckon.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Who thinks this should be our banner for the game?

Attachments

• E17C2BA8-C9D8-4D7D-95D9-9C18C9667C25.jpeg
    E17C2BA8-C9D8-4D7D-95D9-9C18C9667C25.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
The age footy podcast previewed the two Anzac games this week. Not sure who the Dees are playing tbh, can you believe they didn’t mention them once, not even Dusty‘s 250th, not once, it was all about the Dees and they unlimited depth and fair discussion on both the pies and bumbers.

Talked about the best midfield in the comp - the Doggies and the best defence - the Dees but they have no idea who the best team is - the Dees I think it was.

Still haven‘t a clue who the Dees play - let’s smash, absolutely smash our next three games.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The age footy podcast previewed the two Anzac games this week. Not sure who the Dees are playing tbh, can you believe they didn’t mention them once, not even Dusty‘s 250th, not once, it was all about the Dees and they unlimited depth and fair discussion on both the pies and bumbers.

Talked about the best midfield in the comp - the Doggies and the best defence - the Dees but they have no idea who the best team is - the Dees I think it was.

Still haven‘t a clue who the Dees play - let’s smash, absolutely smash our next three games.
Yeah not sure who Dees are playing this week, but how good are they going hey?