Changes against Demons! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes against Demons!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I was watching Gawn versus McEvoy.

I consider McEvoy a similar type of player to Nank.

Gawn was just too tall..also skilled

I don't think that around the ground, either CJ or Nank can negate Gawns marks. Intercepts on the wing leaving D50, and when the Dee's kick into f50.

The solution is to simply not go via the wing Gawn in on, or keep the ball low kick and handball wise.

The Hawks kept bombing their escape kicks to the wing he was on.

Boys just need to get inside Gawn's head if he starts dominating. Just keep reminding big Maxy that he used to have a poster of Luke McGuane on his bedroom wall.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
How weeks will lynch get if he does what Hawkins did to May's head?
No love lost between them 2

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Barrett backing Petracca to rise to the big occasion, that's good news for us.
This build up will be playing on Petracca's mind and distracting the whole Melbourne team.

At RFC it might generate a chuckle and the odd "we'll see" comment and quickly forgotten.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Cornes is slapping himself over Melbourne beating us and Footscary are the team to beat.
What an absolute Pea brain..Footscary haven't got a defender taller then a smurf.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
This build up will be playing on Petracca's mind and distracting the whole Melbourne team.

At RFC it might generate a chuckle and the odd "we'll see" comment and quickly forgotten.
Yeah, it's all about Jones 300th, and Petracca as the heir apparent. Richmond seemingly getting no airplay and little respect.

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Cornes is slapping himself over Melbourne beating us and Footscary are the team to beat.
What an absolute Pea brain..Footscary haven't got a defender taller then a smurf.
sorry zip a correction , Cornes likes slapping himself (full stop)

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Although I am wanting an extra tall in CCJ to come in =, gut feel says we go in this week unchanged. We are going to try and work them over with brute gut running and leg speed.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
How about Barret and his matey fawning over the so called stars of the game. He acts like he's their best mate.

"Trac", "Bud", "Tex", "Danger" etc. :rolleyes:

*smile* he's a total knob!

Reactions: 3 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I was watching Gawn versus McEvoy.

I consider McEvoy a similar type of player to Nank.

Gawn was just too tall..also skilled

I don't think that around the ground, either CJ or Nank can negate Gawns marks. Intercepts on the wing leaving D50, and when the Dee's kick into f50.

The solution is to simply not go via the wing Gawn in on, or keep the ball low kick and handball wise.

The Hawks kept bombing their escape kicks to the wing he was on.
That’s why it would be good to have CCJ on the opposite wing to provided a tall target. He can alternate with Lynch whilst Toby marks Gawn on the opposite side

Reactions: 1 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Although I am wanting an extra tall in CCJ to come in =, gut feel says we go in this week unchanged. We are going to try and work them over with brute gut running and leg speed.
they are a different side this year and don't think we can be one dimensional in trying to counter them

not sure we are as superior in the pace dept. now

the pressure we brought in the Port & Saints game is crucial

the defensive structure that we brought in the Saints game could really shake their tree

even with that we will need little sprinkles of brilliance from the likes of Grimmes , Edwards , Bolton , Dusty (as we've come accustom to ) to really start to rock them

and we are very good at being "all in" , team performance stuff with the likes of Broad , KMac , George , Aarts etc all doing their thing which I think is where the suffocating thing comes from

and something we have been good at , goals from turn overs , seems to have gone to another level, we can move the ball the length of the ground and make it look like a training drill , they are the heart breakers

I do think we will get strong opposition like the Port game and have to bring it all to win , hope so ,

makes for great watching , makes for great supporting
Go Tiges (Go Dusty & Dan 250 & 100)

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
That’s why it would be good to have CCJ on the opposite wing to provided a tall target. He can alternate with Lynch whilst Toby marks Gawn on the opposite side
We don't worry about the opposition talls never have. We go into every game shorter than the opposition @Lee are you able to find the last time we were taller?

Our main focus will be to bring our game which is run and pressure. As Dimma says more jumpers in the screen. We bring that we win.