Changes against the Swannies. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes against the Swannies.

what kind of ankle injury

1. dont you ice,
2. dont use crutches, moon boot or even limp, and
3. has you in tears with the coach doing little hand circles on your back?

Ive busted my ankle and none of these applied to me except the tears.

this is a weird one.
Also when he was being interviewed after the game he stood on one leg - the injured one.

Maybe he doesn't want to go to the hub?

Reactions: 1 users
Gotta have players with a big motor so
Soldo/ Nankervis
Stack/Edwards
Pickett/Houli
Graham/Prestia
Bolton/Cotch

Reactions: 1 user
Naish and Dow have been playing consistently well in the scratch matches - would be first in line.

Bolton was stiff to be dropped and Graham was the carry over. these 2 would get a call up also.

Soldo in for Nank. It was the Choldo combination that got our season back on track last year.

Reactions: 4 users
I wonder if Houli or Edwards might rethink the hub now we are already down a few soldiers?
I have wondered this, too.

Reckon Edwards the more likely of the two given it's reported he and his partner's bubba is a few weeks away.

Assume he can go for 1-2 matches then return home?

PS: Against the Swans' slow-ish, big bodied midfield, Graham's inclusion could be a canny move.

sorry if anyone else has already asked this, but why can't Edwards and Houli do FIFO? teams travelling from Sydney to Melbourne and vice versa were/are doing this. we were planning on doing this for the cancelled eagles game. the Suns just did it 2 days ago. if the QLD Govt is still letting us play this week (albeit in iso), why can't they FIFO?

little bit of 2019 here - injuries to key players. Opportunities for the list we keep saying is the best ~40 we have had in 40 years. Little bit like the trip to Post Adelaide last year minus Dusty - Rance - Cotch - Jack. We will also be minus Houli and Edwards. For what 2020 has dished out thus far I for one am looking forward to seeing what we have/have not got on our list. Even with so many out we can now say every line has a premiership (or dual) player. Some will be playing for their spot post end of 2020, some will want to impress from limited opportunities granted to them thus far. We now can resume the position of underdog and the team that will be hunting and that seems to get the best out of us most of the time. Bring on Gold Coast games I say,.

Reactions: 4 users
I think we have several options if Lynch cant play. Dusty and Caddy can both play deep fwd. Both have had plenty of success in that spot and could swap through the middle. CCJ could swap through the ruck and play deep fwd too. My first choice would be Caddy as he has done it very well before with Jack a mobile half fwd.

sorry if anyone else has already asked this, but why can't Edwards and Houli do FIFO? teams travelling from Sydney to Melbourne and vice versa were/are doing this. we were planning on doing this for the cancelled eagles game. the Suns just did it 2 days ago. if the QLD Govt is still letting us play this week (albeit in iso), why can't they FIFO?
I think you would find if they are not on the plane today they will have to do 14 days quarantine. Certainly in NSW is going to be very tight at the border and expect Old to up the ante even further.

of our forced OUTS,

Cotchy is by far the worst and least replaceable.

He has been hitting every contest like Dylan Sheil is in it, and turning games our way.

He's almost in career best form.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
I think you would find if they are not on the plane today they will have to do 14 days quarantine.

our players are doing 14 day quarantine in QLD, but are still playing on sunday. I don't understand the difference between that and FIFO. for a 3:35pm first bounce, Edwards and Houli can fly in and out on the day.

our players are doing 14 day quarantine in QLD, but are still playing on sunday. I don't understand the difference between that and FIFO. for a 3:35pm first bounce, Edwards and Houli can fly in and out on the day.
From Wednesday there will be permit system in place in NSW for anyone coming across the border from Victoria, a similar situation has applied in Queensland. Only essential visits are allowed as I understand from the local news. Given that all games this week are out of Victoria either in Queensland or Sydney I would expect that if any Vic team went back after the weekend they would have to do 14 days quarantine wherever they went interstate. I would suspect that your proposal re the two players would be regarded as non essential because if they allowed the exception every club would try and pull that caper. I exspect that all Victorian clubs will remain outside Victoria probably for the next 4 weeks at least if the comp is to continue. Melbourne storm have relocated to the Sunshine Coast originally for 2 weeks but comments on the radio indicate that will be extended. Effectively they could go back but no interstate team could go to Melbourne to play because they would have to quarantine on return that would apply to the 8 interstate AFL teams in their State.

The players are on chartered flights so they don't mix with the public. Unless Richmond have a private jet to fly Shedda up then it won't happen.

Plus shedda's missus could deliver early and he can't get back to Vic in time. If either of the two were going to play it would be houli as the birth has happened.

Wasn't Eggmolesse-Smith listed in the best in the scratch match?

Played a good game on debut there last year. Would like to see him replace Houli.

I’m gunna guess we,ll have to make 6 changes to yesterday’s side.

Out: Edwards, Houli, Nank, Cotch, Prestia, Lynch.

ins: Pickett, Stack, Soldo, Bolton, CCJ and I dunno...Dow/Naish/DES/Markov?

I’m gunna guess we,ll have to make 6 changes to yesterday’s side.

Out: Edwards, Houli, Nank, Cotch, Prestia, Lynch.

ins: Pickett, Stack, Soldo, Bolton, CCJ and I dunno...Dow/Naish/DES/Markov?
Graham and Ross would get a look in also. we got some cover and a good opportunity to stake a claim for some.

Soldo, Graham, Ross, Naish, Dow, Bolton, Stack, Pickett, RCD, CCJ, Garthy, Markov, Egg. Also Turner finding some form.

As tackling becomes easier due to congestion more effective due to improved techniques and more impactful dou to the streghth of players more injuries will occur.

This has got 2019 Port Adelaide away feel about it.

Reactions: 1 users
As of now, our key focus is on the 2021 flag. Focus on innovative tactics and gameplans. Get games into young legs. Having said that, if we end up playing finals this year, so much the better.
After calling this a White Flag post, I have read it more closely, it's not an each way bet, it's backing every horse in the field. If we happen to make the finals whilst innovating with young players do we go for the flag or keep powder dry for 2021?