Changes for Prelim v geel (Friday Sept 20) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Prelim v geel (Friday Sept 20)

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Outside of Rance (& possibly Stack) the team/squad is at absolute full strength. We have been in superb form leading in.
This is as big an opportunity to win another Premiership as we will get.
No excuses not to perform. With so much at stake and the sense of loss last year I think we will win & win well.

Reactions: 7 users

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Outside of Rance (& possibly Stack) the team/squad is at absolute full strength. We have been in superb form leading in.
No excuses not to perform. With so much at stake and the sense of loss last year I think we will win & win well.
Yep, no Dusty getting his infected knee drained, no Astbury on a drip in hospital, no flu infiltrating the team, no worries.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Magpies +82 GWS -88 free kick differential, that could get messy. -39 of frees is Mumford alone...lol

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
according to this, Geelong have 3 players in the top 25 free kicks for. and we have zero. its interesting that ruckman dominate the top 10. that just suggests how heinous the Dumpires are with free kicks at stoppages.

Aren’t they the 3 who completely over umpired the lions v giants game ?

54 free kicks (total) in that game. :eek:

Last edited:

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
54 free kicks (total) in that game. :eek:
As long as the free kicks are there n more importantly adjudicated in the same manner to both teams. I couldn't give a stuff if there's 100 frees. Maggots just need to umpire both sides to the same standards.

Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Yep, don't care who is umpiring or who is playing for the Salty Squad. We'll thump 'em and keep a fair bit in reserve as well.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Interesting stat someone post elsewhere. (Need to find it) our last 10 games has been better then 2018 & 2017.
Scored a lot more and defence has been tighter. Moving the ball through the corridor a lot and scoring from rebound from defence is number 1 in the league.
Basically we’ve been better then ever.

Reactions: 5 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Interesting stat someone post elsewhere. (Need to find it) our last 10 games has been better then 2018 & 2017.
Scored a lot more and defence has been tighter. Moving the ball through the corridor a lot and scoring from rebound from defence is number 1 in the league.
Basically we’ve been better then ever.
Not according to Salty. :))

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Ryan is decent. Razor and Nichols are worth 3 or 4 goals for the Cats though

Pretty sure Ryan did the 2017 GF. Funny how umpires you used to hate can eventually get your respect if they improve enough to hang around. Stevic is the best going around now.

Nicholls isn't great but chances are his mistakes will even out over four quarters.

Rayzor was out of control last week. Annoyed the p!ss out of everyone. Surely they have someone better in the top six.

Reactions: 5 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Rayzor was out of control last week. Annoyed the p!ss out of everyone. Surely they have someone better in the top six.

was there a breakdown of how many free kicks each Dumpire paid last week? I watched the whole game and every time a free was paid, Razor’s unmistakable head was in shot pointing his arm sideways.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
was there a breakdown of how many free kicks each Dumpire paid last week? I watched the whole game and every time a free was paid, Razor’s unmistakable head was in shot pointing his arm sideways.

I reckon Chamberlains SF concert in brisbane,

was the most prominent umpiring performance I can recall.

I think in his head, Ray thinks 40,000 people come to watch him.

and when the great players are On The Couch 20 years after retirement,

they are going to reminisce about the frees he paid.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I'm with Gerard Healy on free kicks: pay every one that's there and maybe players will stop cheating.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I'm with Gerard Healy on free kicks: pay every one that's there and maybe players will stop cheating.

Im not against paying frees.

Im against Chamberlain leaning into his microphone and going

'tobes, tobes, tobes. yeah, you stuck your finger up his arse maaaaaaaaaate. C'mon didn't the doctor tell you nothing smaller than your elbow up the arse maaaaaaaaate'

or some equivalent convoluted descriptor

every time he blows the whistle

while the decent umps blow the whistle, throw their arm one way and go 'nuh, incorrect disposal'

• Haha

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
The rumour is henderson will be Hawkins replacement with him a chance to play a negating role on Grimes (or Taylor to play forward). :rotfl2

it will have the opposite affect. more players will drop their knees or feign contact to the face.