Changes for Prelim v geel (Friday Sept 20) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Prelim v geel (Friday Sept 20)

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I predicted 2 weeks ago that if we beat the Bears up there at the Gabba with everyone against us and Cameron Gate, that we would win the flag.

I'm anxious AF now.

This side deserves a second flag for their dominance and what they've done and they deserve it this year.

Maybe we will copy the cats and win flags in years ending 7, 9 and 1 ... :))

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I reckon Taylor goes forward. he kicked a few on Rance at the cattery in 2017, so they will use that as their clutching at straws/hail mary option. and when that doesn't work they'll probably try henderson. then they'll get even more desperate and put Dangercheat down there.

Geez I hope he does go forward. Has kicked 3 goals this year and played mostly back. We'll kill him if he plays forward, he's lost a yard or two.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Geez I hope he does go forward. Has kicked 3 goals this year and played mostly back. We'll kill him if he plays forward, he's lost a yard or two.

He is shittt
If he goes forward its a bonus for us.
Slower then tortoise

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Yes. Would have selected him ahead of Ellis and even Broad who also had a really poor last game - 2Ds and 0 tackles. Has slipped under the radar. Possibly way out of form.
Hope we aren't going in top heavy especially with warm, windy weather. Think Soldo or Nank would be enough to combat Stanley with Lynch to provide a chop-out.

Broad got 2 touches but played his role well, plus he did roll his ankle and was off for half a qtr then sore thereafter too.

I agree regarding the ruck situation. Should have been Soldo out for Chol for extra ground coverage and flexibility seeing as Chol can play back, ruck or forward.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I predicted 2 weeks ago that if we beat the Bears up there at the Gabba with everyone against us and Cameron Gate, that we would win the flag.

I'm anxious AF now.

This side deserves a second flag for their dominance and what they've done and they deserve it this year.

Maybe we will copy the cats and win flags in years ending 7, 9 and 1 ... :))
Yep I am super nervous.

B

Bill James

Changes compared to last meeting

IN OUT
Astbury Garthwaite
Broad McIntosh
Short Stack
Ellis Naish
Lambert Higgins
Bolton Butler
Nankervis Balta
Riewoldt Townsend

Narkle Duncan
Menangola Rohan
Bews Clark
Henderson Hawkins

Massive changes in the teams since last outing. Keep the Cats under 10 marks inside 50 and you win. We have brought in our two best spoilers in Broad and Astbury and Cats have lost their number one MI50 player in Hawkins. Riewoldt is a massive in, we've only lost once with him playing, the week he broke his wrist against the pies. Be dissapointed if Tiges lose this one at the G.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Cats pretty good w endurance. It’s my biggest fear.

They did not finish top of the latter with weak performances. They got there as they were the best team for the year.

Much as I applaud the optimism on here the reality is that this is going to be one hell of a fight methinks.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Embrace the night, the occasion and that we get to participate in another Prelim. This is what we all dream of.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
They did not finish top of the latter with weak performances. They got there as they were the best team for the year.

Much as I applaud the optimism on here the reality is that this is going to be one hell of a fight methinks.

It's not just us though. We're $1.35 to The Salties $3.35.

agincourt

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 4, 2004
I'm as nervous as Justin Trudeau will be the next time he goes to a fancy dress party...... :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland

They finished top of the ladder because they were the best team for the first half of the year.
Not so good since, fallen back to the pack

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
It’s not about Geelong folks.

They reached their ceiling this year. We’re still building.

No Hawkins and Duncan is massive for them.

Far too good for this dour mob, watch us win by 6+ goals.

Reactions: 3 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Like Adelaide in 2017, Geelong finished on top... with equal wins to us in 3rd place.

The fact they had a better April than us means nothing now.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
They finished top of the ladder because they were the best team for the first half of the year.
Not so good since, fallen back to the pack
Yep 6 and 6 last half. Out of 3 teams left Geelong is my preference. They're a good side but I think we have their measure.