Changes for Prelim v geel (Friday Sept 20) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Prelim v geel (Friday Sept 20)

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Out: Ellis & Baker
In: Stack & Ross. Short or Houli to go to the wing. Stack to play back. Ross means more contested ball winners in the midfield & Dusty to go forward.
Bakers not going anywhere.

Reactions: 3 users

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
B.Ellis is the most vulnerable. Baker played well enough to hold his spot. He would be unlucky if he lost his spot to Jack Ross but I can sse the logic as it adds to our midfield rotation if Prestia is slightly injured and needs a rest. The Stackman to come in for Ellis is my only change atm but "In Dimma We Trust".

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
If any changes and dont think Dimmer will change a winning side
In Stacky if fit and available
Out Brando

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
People should just stop posting about Baker or Castagna being dropped. It just aint going to happen. Nor should it. They are integral in how we play.

Reactions: 6 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
As much as I love Syd, I can't see him coming back in for a couple of reasons.
Firstly, he was dropped, maybe to work on an area of his game which he didn't get to do and
Secondly, the prelim showed you can't take suspect players into big games!

I know everyone has some sort of niggle come this time of the year, but the kid has only half a pre season and less than 20 games under his belt.

Reactions: 1 users

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
Brandon has a shocker but will keep his place unless Stacky trains brilliantly.
Brandon just seemed to lose confidence. Needs constant coaching? Robinson’s attack on him prior to the first bounce seemed to unsettle. Don’t think he will be with us next year.

Nank will benefit from the run but especially against West Coast and Nicnat, Chol looks like a better choice. On Saturdays form Nicnat will monster Nank. Chol can jump and is also as fast.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Do we go in with two rucks?

For most of 2019 we have played with two rucks. The dilemma is that of the 2nd ruck to help Nank, Soldo offers the least amount of flexibility compared to Chol/Balta or even youngster CCJ,but Soldo is in form and when Nank is off you know Soldo will not give the opp ruck a "free hit". He had some nice touches v Lions, but was that enough?? I think we have the talent and depth to play the two.

Option B, is Tom ready to ruck. He put his hands up a few times on the weekend (inside 50 ball ups) and that was with our recognized ruck in proximity.

All good problems to assess. Depending on our opposition I did not think we will know much till the winner of Friday night.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
he was quiet on saturday, but it was his first final. he'll be better for the run. zero chance he'll be dropped.

was super composed down back. weaved to the spots and made the decisions Stackman would've.

a couple of time Grimesy directed Bakes onto Charlie, and bakes just did what he had to do.

a very composed, tough young footballer.

I just cannot believe we've got 2 of them.

Reactions: 5 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I've been a supporter of Short all year, but I really disliked his game last week.

Out: Short
In: Stack (hopefully)

The VFL game will be informative. Pickett would need to have a blinder, but if he does, and Stacky isn't ready, he could come in. If Kmac pulls his finger out, Ellis' spot is also up for grabs, but Kmac is the only one who would come in for him. Ross is the other to watch, if Prestia has any issues. Any news on Rioli's foot? Butler is still not without hope.

Will be a very interesting VFL prelim.

At most, there'll be one change.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I've been a supporter of Short all year, but I really disliked his game last week.

In the first quarter, there were a couple of contests Shorty made Bellis look like Scott Pendleberry.

then we clicked into gear, and I thought Shorty was really good.

That's him.

If we won a GF by 85 points, he could win a norm smith

but if we lost one by a point, he could be drawn and quartered on the walk back to PRO.

He is a really good 21st/22nd player that comes with limitations as they do.

his limitation is clear - panic under proper physical and mental pressure. the direct opposite of composure.

the coaches will know it, and groan and lower their heads when he panics.

But they judge the rewards outweigh the risks.

So, he'll get a crack at getting a medal. he could get two?

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I thought he looked a bit more like the player from 2018 ( not including the finals )

the weaving to beat a man and the long penetrating kick was back

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
For most of 2019 we have played with two rucks. The dilemma is that of the 2nd ruck to help Nank, Soldo offers the least amount of flexibility compared to Chol/Balta or even youngster CCJ,but Soldo is in form and when Nank is off you know Soldo will not give the opp ruck a "free hit". He had some nice touches v Lions, but was that enough?? I think we have the talent and depth to play the two.

Option B, is Tom ready to ruck. He put his hands up a few times on the weekend (inside 50 ball ups) and that was with our recognized ruck in proximity.

All good problems to assess. Depending on our opposition I did not think we will know much till the winner of Friday night.

Chol and Balta just haven't performed well enough when given the chance. It's pretty straight forward decision to me. The two rucks worked very well against Brisbane. Turned a 2 tap out deficit the previous week into a 10 tap out advantage. Hitouts to advantage even better 18 to 13. Helped us even out the clearances this game only losing by 5 after losing by 16 the previous week. Don't mess with a winning formula. Ruck decision is settled imo.

Reactions: 2 users