Changes for Prelim v geel (Friday Sept 20) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Prelim v geel (Friday Sept 20)

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Hardwick presser...Sydney Stack very close. (Indigenous blood...very high rate of healing according to SS!)

Ellis...gee he is a worry. Short was better.

In Stack
Out Ellis

Reactions: 1 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Hardwick presser...Sydney Stack very close. (Indigenous blood...very high rate of healing according to SS!)

Ellis...gee he is a worry. Short was better.

In Stack
Out Ellis
No way! Stack is not ready and we need to learn from last year. We had 2 unfit players and that cost us dearly.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Out : Soldo, Ellis
In : Balta, K-Mac

Can't carry 2 x rucks against WC or Geelong as we will need the extra flexibility.

Ellis on thin ice. KMac the obvious choice but will depend on fitness of Stack.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Last night we increased our numbers of players who had won a final to 27.

Rance & higgins unavailable.
Mcintosh butler & Townsend in vfl.

Stack and Pickett available.

Be aware: Hardwick has never dropped a player from a finals team.

Reactions: 1 user

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Last night we increased our numbers of players who had won a final to 27.

Rance & higgins unavailable.
Mcintosh butler & Townsend in vfl.

Stack and Pickett available.

Be aware: Hardwick has never dropped a player from a finals team.
this is true. Probably no change.
Stacky on the G in a Prelim though...mouth watering.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Can't carry 2 x rucks against WC or Geelong as we will need the extra flexibility.

I'd say Brisbane was the team to not do this. Cats and WC are mainly talls, so I reckon no change (given no injury happens on the training track in 2 weeks)

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004

Did you not see Geelong on Friday night? They didn't have a ruckman. Soldo and Nank (and hence our mids) would have a night out on the Cats.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Will be no change imo. Only potential is to see how Rioli pulls up from that ankle. If he's out then maybe Stack (if fit but very unlikely) or Pickett for me. Not ideal, prefer no change at this stage of proceedings.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Geez, reckon Soldo has taken the number 1 ruck mantle. If you were dropping one its likely Nank. But think we will continue to play both.

Reactions: 1 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
It should be all about the understudies who would be needed if someone was injured on the night.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Has anyone see KMac in the VFL lately? Has been woeful. Replacing Ellis for KMac would achieve nothing. May as well leave it as it is.

ratbastad

Tiger Cub
Apr 2, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Brando gone imo - been giving us nothing. After all these games, he still no composure, dinky 5 mtr kicks to blokes under the hammer...just does'nt have a footy brain. Hes prob thinking about his GC $$$ offer....

Not sure about Stack being fit, imo see how Rio pulls up then make a call after what we see what Pickett brings in the VFL this week. Either cant be worse than Brando is atm.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
No change.

Agree with others, Rucks critical and to suggest we drop one, well watch how Nic Nat went on Thursday and how Geelong went on Friday is my advice.

Reckon Stack will be an emergency and only be considered for the GF if we have an injury in the prelim and he may get to play the VFL Grannie as a warm up (if fit)

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Hardwick has less chance of making changes to a final side than Chris Scott does of paying due tribute to the opposition.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I don’t think we can really work out changes until we at least know who our opponent is. Unless someone does something outstanding in the VFL, I suspect we’ll go in unchanged, though.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

Disagree. Particularly against the Eagles as they will probably play Nic Nat and Hickey as they did this week.

Reckon we play both Soldo and Nank. Worked okay last night and of the two Soldo was better.

Ellis should be dropped. Just not sure who comes in but there has to be someone who can acquit themselves better in a final. Ellis was Ben Lennon like last night.