Changes for Prelim v geel (Friday Sept 20) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Prelim v geel (Friday Sept 20)

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Barring an unforeseen illness or injury, there won’t be any change I wouldn’t have thought. McIntosh for Ellis is the only one and watching McIntosh on the weekend - I can’t see that happening.

We will go with two rucks regardless of the weather I think. Stanley will be pooping his pants at the thought of a Soldo/Nank duo. He likes the athletic types not the big strong tough workhorses who will just push him around and smash into him all night.

I think the gameplay has kind of passed Kmac by.

I dont expect to see him in the seniors this year barring injury to a couple of Caddy, Brando, Broady?

almost certainly

NO CHANGE

with the possibility of rucking solo with Nankers if Hawkins stays suspended and it very wet.

who would you bring in for Ivan?

Dunno? Butler has been looking pretty slippery lately? Menadue is in hot form in the 2's, but I doubt he'd be promoted. Marlion a super smokey (I think he'd be a preliminary sensation). Notorius Noah Balta another possible smokey?

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
I think the gameplay has kind of passed Kmac by.

I dont expect to see him in the seniors this year barring injury to a couple of Caddy, Brando, Broady?

almost certainly

NO CHANGE

with the possibility of rucking solo with Nankers if Hawkins stays suspended and it very wet.

Dunno? Butler has been looking pretty slippery lately? Menadue is in hot form in the 2's, but I doubt he'd be promoted. Marlion a super smokey (I think he'd be a preliminary sensation). Notorius Noah Balta another possible smokey?
As mentioned in an earlier post Nankers didn’t look to fit in the Brisbane match and given his development this year, I believe Soldo is now our primary ruckman.
Looking ahead I think we need 2 who are competitive against any of the other three remaining sides.
My one change would be in Chol, out Nank.

Reactions: 1 user

rinso17

Tiger Superstar
Feb 2, 2005
If Pickett has a 4 qtr game like his last qtr against the bombers then he comes in for bellis

Pickett is a long way short of Ellis.
At this point Pickett is injury insurance only.
Rd1 2020 in; Pickett

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
Its a hard one, will we be to top heavy if it's a slog with the 2 ?

What if it's wet & the game is a slog ? Will we be to top heavy ?

True. It is going to be 15/19/23 and Sunny in Melb Tues/Wed/Thurs
21 Friday with showers late - they may not last all night - who knows but underfoot should be ok.

It's risky, but maybe pull a late Emergency change on the night.

If Hawkins gets a run, then who knows.

I can't see Nank being able to go all night against someone who is going to jump on all over him. But i still think he presents value with Soldo down FWD as both have great skills below their knees.

Just my two cents.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
not at all. he only gets mentioned because of 2017. Thanks for the memories, but he will never play for the senior team again.

This is the Towner that has played just 1 game this year (against the Cats) and managed 3 disposals and 3 frees against? Just checking.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005

Balta, that last quarter was delicious.

However as Nank would play ' Balta' if Soldo plays percentages with no change.

If it was me it would be Stack Balta in for Soldo Ellis.

If we sent Soldo out Menadue in we'd be pretty quick.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Jane Bunns said theres possiblity of no rain till after the game
If thats the case we should go in with 2 rucks Soldo as main ruck and Nank but Id be tempted to go for more mobile 2nd ruck Balta or Chol

bricci

Tiger Rookie
May 7, 2004
they have a serious issue if Hawkins doesn't get off. They will have to move Danger or Taylor forward. If Danger goes forward, its happy days for us in the guts. If Taylor goes forward, they will have to move Blicavs down back, meaning their ruck options are stuffed. We would have to seriously consider dropping Ivan for an extra runner if this occurs... especially when you factor in the weather.

are you seriously suggesting our 3 potential ins this week are all first year players? thats hilarious. If we were to drop Soldo on a horses for courses basis, I would seriously consider Menadue. i liked the look of him on the weekend. But the club might go with a bigger body such as McIntosh.

Only two ins (2 of the 3) - Stack would be playing if not injured I dont think there is any doubt about that. I agree that Pickett would be the biggest risk. Ross (big body) very useful in the wet conditions.