Changes for Prelim v geel (Friday Sept 20) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Prelim v geel (Friday Sept 20)

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
It would be crazy to play 2 pure rucks in the wet

Soldo or Nank?

Anyone have stats on the numbers of stoppages - particularly ball ups - on wet days compared to dry?
If there’s at least the same sort of numbers then that’s why we would benefit from the two big blokes.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Looks like the wet weather won’t come until post game now.
Things just keep better for the Tigers. Our handball game is going to split them open if it’s dry.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Their ruck is an acknowledged weakness, why would we forego what has become a strength?

Makes no sense.

Play 2 rucks.

DS

Reactions: 5 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Google weather gives one of the best hour by hour detailed rain forecast in advance ,

Yesterday they had it at 64%chance of rain , now it’s 46%, at 7.30-8 pm

That could be different again tomorrow ,

Some of the weather forecasters have removed the rain image for Friday

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Google weather gives one of the best hour by hour detailed rain forecast in advance ,

Yesterday they had it at 64%chance of rain , now it’s 46%, at 7.30-8 pm

That could be different again tomorrow ,

Some of the weather forecasters have removed the rain image for Friday
Google. Is there anything it can’t do.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Google. Is there anything it can’t do.

Its not much good on the other side of your bed on a cold night.

although I do have no doubt whatsoever that there's an App called

'nestle my *smile* in your crack in the hour before dawn .com'

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Its not much good on the other side of your bed on a cold night.

although I do have no doubt whatsoever that there's an App called

'nestle my *smile* in your crack in the hour before dawn .com'

Who's Dawn?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Only two ins (2 of the 3) - Stack would be playing if not injured I dont think there is any doubt about that. I agree that Pickett would be the biggest risk. Ross (big body) very useful in the wet conditions.

but you're proposing Ellis be dropped. they are not like for like players. and none of the players you suggested has Ellis' tank. If you want Ellis dropped, the more realstic replacement would be mcintosh or menadue.

sidenote: stack was dropped and got injured in the VFL so there is no certainty he would have returned.

Their ruck is an acknowledged weakness, why would we forego what has become a strength?

Makes no sense.

Play 2 rucks.

DS

I'm not saying we should absolutely drop a ruckman. All i am saying that it has to be in the conversation in lieu of the weather. the ruck department might be a weakness for them, but our run and speed is a big strength for us.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Previously our main weakness was in the ruck and stoppages. Now Soldo has rectified this and people want him dropped for more run? Geelong would be hoping we drop him so that the likes of selwood kelly and dangerfield have a better chance of getting first use.

Reactions: 1 users

jamo

The face of Evil
Apr 23, 2004
melbourne
If it is wet, we may not need both Rucks and be better off with Chol, I would be putting a hard body in instead of Ellis, Geelong's strength is grunt in the packs more so than on the outside.

I don't see changes happening though.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I think our system works wet or dry , that’s where we hold the advantage, it doesn’t matter.

Obviously with them , ( Collingwood game ) they don’t have that same confidence

Tails

Still Chasing Dreams
Mar 10, 2007
Sydney, Australia
If it rains our job is clear, tackle, harras, pressure them into panic kicking, then move it quick as they are slow especially with Selwood in the middle. Dangerfield *smile* himself when the heat is on so if we are tight on their small forwards they won't kick a winning score.