Changes For Round 3 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes For Round 3

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
The Ross not playing for a couple of weeks is an interesting one, most likely he’ll go back to the VFL for a full game , however why can’t he play next week, 6 day break, blooody hot , they’ll be a few sore boys and he would have done a fair work out after yesterdays game so why not ? Surely he’s fresh

Dimma mentioned that would be considered..

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I liked what I saw of Maurice in the VFL today.

Second game in a row I've been super disappointed with a fumbly, flat footed Marlion. He should never be played in the backline. Wing, inside mid, or out.

Aarts again looked like a VFL athlete, with AFL instincts.

In: M. Rioli, Vlastuin
Out: Aarts, Pickett

Ross to start on. D. Rioli to sub.

I mostly agree.

I don't like Marlion on the last line of defence either

caddy out, Marlion back on the wing where he belongs, Love Machine back.

tell us more about MRJ and the Aarts dislodgement?

cant find any VFL tigers info anywhere, can you give us a report please @Coburgtiger, and dont feel any need to base any MRJ superlatives in reality

Reactions: 3 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I mostly agree.

I only saw a quarter of the 2's, as I didn't even realise they were playing, just happened to walk past Punt road and got to the 'G early.

But it was the end of the game, and Maurice was still tackling like he was fresh. I reckon I saw him gain us 3 holding the ball decisions. He has arms like an octopus, and coupled with his burst speed, he absolutely nails the player with the ball. It's not just a tackle, it's a TACKLE.

Compared to Aarts, it's chalk and cheese. He tries, but opponents have been wandering through his tackles, and taking their time when he's chasing.
He's good for an opportunistic goal or two, but not as Richmondy as I'd like.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

bricci

Tiger Rookie
May 7, 2004
I think if Houli is to play against Port, he needs to play against the Swans (see no point in him playing VFL).
Ross needs a game - can't be medical sub! (I wouldn't like a debutante to be the sub either - so maybe best if its Aarts or Caddy)
Vlaustin is a definite in - that shunts Edwards, Pickett, Caddy forward (one of Caddy, Pickett, Aarts needs to miss out - probably Caddy).
If Houli plays Aarts probably makes way.
I am as anxious as anyone to see the likes of Martyn, RCD, Ralph-Smith etc. get a go but I think we need to be patient and know its a long (longer) season and there will be injuries (hopefully not serious ones) and guys that need a rest. Also a lot of our non-AFL guys missed a whole season, so it may be best they get 5-6 VFL games under their belt.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I mostly agree.

cant find any VFL tigers info anywhere, can you give us a report please @Coburgtiger, and dont feel any need to base any MRJ superlatives in reality
Watched maybe 5 minutes of MJ yesterday, reminds me a lot of Cyril, not saying he’ll be half the footballer , just movement and game style , I won’t be shocked at all with anything in his career

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Watched maybe 5 minutes of MJ yesterday, reminds me a lot of Cyril, not saying he’ll be half the footballer , just movement and game style , I won’t be shocked at all with anything in his career
How did the kids go and who were they playing.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
In Ross and NV for Caddy and Pickett.
I also thought Aarts and Rioli had poor games but both have points in the bank. However Rioli looked proppy at the end and may be rested.
If he is not available a rookie please. Collier-Dawkins, Dow, Martyn or Ralphsmith.
Maybe even Samson Ryan, with one of the Mids to be the new sub.

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005
Watched VFL game - MJ still a fair way off with fitness but his tackling is going to be something when he gets fit and playing AFL.

Silly rules in the VFL with 3 players from both sides in 50 metre arc. Game was held up a bit.

CCJ kicked 4 or 5 and took some good marks and did well in the ruck with sharing that with Chol and Ryan.

Martyn is going to be a good inside player - a little more bulk needed but a goer.

Biggie - I say would have been reported for head butting and will miss some weeks you would think - a silly action.
It was quite a fiery game at times for a practice game. RCD was tagged and didnt have much impact in game.

I thought Miller up back did ok.

Richmind won by 10 points

Reactions: 7 users

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005
Watched VFL game - MJ still a fair way off with fitness but his tackling is going to be something when he gets fit and playing AFL.

Silly rules in the VFL with 3 players from both sides in 50 metre arc. Game was held up a bit.

CCJ kicked 4 or 5 and took some good marks and did well in the ruck with sharing that with Chol and Ryan.

Martyn is going to be a good inside player - a little more bulk needed but a goer.

Biggie - I say would have been reported for head butting and will miss some weeks you would think - a silly action.
It was quite a fiery game at times for a practice game. RCD was tagged and didnt have much impact in game.

sorry - forgot about Hugo. Looked good at half back - nice mover

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

Thanks Ryan, it's pleasing to hear that Miller was ok. He got praised a couple of times in the scrimmage games last year. Would be great to have someone in our midst to replace Astbury when he's done.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Thanks Ryan, did dow play?