Changes For Round 3 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes For Round 3

daird

Tiger Cub
Aug 21, 2020
why no Ross? one change? perhaps Martyn or Ralph to debut
From the sounds of it they're not ready to put Ross in the main squad, and they also don't want players being the sub too many weeks in a row so they're sending him to the VFL for some match time.

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012
Just watched Dimma''s weekly presser - found it interesting that he said vast majority of players are willing to stay at club for less. Wonder who (minority) was that he was alluding to.

In terms of selection:|
In: Ralph-Smith, W. Martyn
Out: Caddy, Ross

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Said he'll be getting development time at VFL level
Somehow I don't get it. This system seems all distorted. I heard someone on AFL360 mention that the sub should be activated in the last quarter if there was no injury to at least get a run.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just watched Dimma''s weekly presser - found it interesting that he said vast majority of players are willing to stay at club for less. Wonder who (minority) was that he was alluding to.
Like watching the waxing crescent of the moon. Couldn't they set up the stands a bit better.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
The media have got this wrong

This is not the Buddy - Dusty show.

This IS the Buddy - Balta show - I can’t wait to see Balta line up on Buddy, he has the size and speed to easily match Buddy, great learning for game number 33. The master verses the apprentice.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Somehow I don't get it. This system seems all distorted. I heard someone on AFL360 mention that the sub should be activated in the last quarter if there was no injury to at least get a run.
Yeah that's part of the reason I really hate this medical sub, will stuff younger players development!

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Thirty degrees and a 6 day turnaround to the Port game. I think it's worth giving Bachar a VFL half and then bringing him and Ross in as fresh legs in round 4.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I think if there is any change's Hardwick will select a kid to show the footy world we have quality kids too.

Reactions: 1 user

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I wonder if, somewhere during the year, rather than resting a Cotchin or Houli you'd have them as the sub. They probably won't play, so they'd get the rest, but they could equally play a big role in the final quarter if required yet still get rested from the rigours of a full game. You might even do it a second time if their minutes were higher than expected due to an earlier injury.

Reactions: 7 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
The media have got this wrong

This is not the Buddy - Dusty show.

This IS the Buddy - Balta show - I can’t wait to see Balta line up on Buddy, he has the size and speed to easily match Buddy, great learning for game number 33. The master verses the apprentice.
Pfft Buddy, he's name is no longer up on lights.
It's the Dusty show with special guest Buddy.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Buddy's already broken down? Poor Buddy, probably saw Balta and thought yeah nah.

Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
I'd like to see a debut this week.
I would've liked to see Vlast take another screamer over Bud Frankman.

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
Not happening for either according to the coach. .. no Ross either... says there'll be at least one change.
.ross dominated when subd on v blues....looked good end of last year
.the natural replacement for caddy...he's earnt it ...no mind games
.we'll lose him like markov...still keeps me awake at night :nono