Changes For Round 3 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes For Round 3

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Any thoughts team selection changes for round 3 against the Sydanees.

Throw em out there .... in here !!

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Vlas in. Caddy or Pickett out.

Ross to be the medical sub again.

Rioli might be next in line to get dropped.

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Ross needs to play footy whether in AFL or VFL. This medical sub is *smile*.

Definitely Vlastuin in probably Caddy out for me. I’d like to get Ross in but not sure who makes way. Maybe Aarts although not like for like. Thought Aarts really struggled today.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Out -Caddy seems to be wearing lead boots when running Easily our slowest player
- Aarts 5 disposals 0 tackles for a small forward is a poor effort
In Vlaustin
Ross needs to play a full game

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I would say clearly Vlastuin in for Caddy.

Agree we need to get Ross in, possibly Aarts out and Shai plays more forward, or Edwards more forward.

DS

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Ross needs to play footy whether in AFL or VFL. This medical sub is *smile*.

Definitely Vlastuin in probably Caddy out for me. I’d like to get Ross in but not sure who makes way. Maybe Aarts although not like for like. Thought Aarts really struggled today.
I think blokes across the league who lack a yard or two may well find themselves having to fight for games more than in past years with the standing rule.

Caddy and Jake are two of those and its not coincidence that they they both missed the GF last year.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
We have too many good defenders to come in and too few forwards atm.

Coaching staff may need to move some magnets.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
I liked what I saw of Maurice in the VFL today.

Second game in a row I've been super disappointed with a fumbly, flat footed Marlion. He should never be played in the backline. Wing, inside mid, or out.

Aarts again looked like a VFL athlete, with AFL instincts.

In: M. Rioli, Vlastuin
Out: Aarts, Pickett

Ross to start on. D. Rioli to sub.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Flossy should be back in, possibly Bash if fit. Think Bash might need a run in the magoos first just to get some touch. We got any flying whippets in the magoos? Just thinkin we might need some more explosive pace around the ground, look a bit pedestrian at times.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I don’t like changing something that’s not broke however, With Vlaustin back into the back half and possibly Houli? Id consider sending the Baker boy forward at the expense of Aarts or Rioli .

Funny enough I think Pickett would be suited against the slick Swans , but buggere it , I’m bringing one of our cubs in, bit left field but I’d like to see RCD debut against the Swans , not sure he’s quite ready for the Richmond way, but I think it be aperfect opportunity.

im guessing Ross will play VFL , Vlaustin comes in and Caddy will go out .

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
I reckon but won't happen......

In: Ross
Out: Rioli

Caddy takes rioli's spot in the forward line. Marlion takes Caddy's spot. Ross takes Marlions spot.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I liked what I saw of Maurice in the VFL today.

Second game in a row I've been super disappointed with a fumbly, flat footed Marlion. He should never be played in the backline. Wing, inside mid, or out.

Aarts again looked like a VFL athlete, with AFL instincts.

In: M. Rioli, Vlastuin
Out: Aarts, Pickett

Ross to start on. D. Rioli to sub.

Who else played well in the 2's? How was Dow? Could he start playing HF / small forward role?

I like what you say about MRJ though, we'd have to name him early in the week of whatever game he debuts in, guarantee a big crowd.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Back to last year’s premiership team.

In. Houli Vlastuin
Out: Caddy Aarts

Reactions: 4 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
For sure, Vlastuin will replace 1 of Caddy or Marlion. Reckon possibly Caddy, after a great start in pre-season, his 2 games haven't been great

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Caddy's been exposed even further by the rule changes, his opponent on the wing just leaves him for dust.

Waiting for Houli to come back in so Pickett can go back to the wing. I'd be tempted to give Eggy, Naish or Ralphsmith a go in Houli's spot so Picket can move to the wing and Caddy to the ressies.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Rioli isn’t getting dropped. Was not that bad as some are suggesting. Should have kicked at least 3 today.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Vlas in. Caddy or Pickett out.

Ross to be the medical sub again.

Rioli might be next in line to get dropped.

No way Ross is the medical sub again.

Kids played about half a game in two weeks - he'll probably be demoted to get a few kms in the legs.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
The Ross not playing for a couple of weeks is an interesting one, most likely he’ll go back to the VFL for a full game , however why can’t he play next week, 6 day break, blooody hot , they’ll be a few sore boys and he would have done a fair work out after yesterdays game so why not ? Surely he’s fresh.

BTW GAME STARTS AT 1:45 next Saturday