Changes For Round 3 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes For Round 3

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Egg to replace Edwards on half back.
Glad Rioli got dropped, needs to pull the finger out.

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Just on Rioli D , is there ever a game he doesn’t seem to aggravate the ankle/foot ? So often gets up from a contest propy

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Just looked at the swans defence, they are super small. Tallest is McCartin at 193 and Dawson at 191. Rampe is 188 and wants to go onto Dusty, so Lynch and Jack should hopefully do well. We need to ensure that we put the ball out to their advantage as I think with their small defenders (and our lower number of small forwards) they could rebound out of their quite kick if we kick it poorly.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The open game is all about good kicking right now & Egg is one of our best. Dimma's comments last week re Houli returning ASAP were pointed.
Our heavily weighted & successful defensive structures & pressure are under attack with the new rules. It's made much of it redundant.
We need more run & crisp ball usage ASAP. Hope Egg stands up tomorrow & makes the most of his opportunity.

Reactions: 5 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
With Rioli out then I can only see Caddy pushing forward and Pickett back on a wing.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I can understand this only in the context of the way the game is at the moment. With less pressure and a lot more running I suppose Eggs is a decent choice.

But I still reckon we should have been looking to get games into the youngsters who haven't played yet. There is a whole list of them and they will all leave if we don't give them opportunities.

Not rapt in this decision, but we'll see.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Just looked at the swans defence, they are super small. Tallest is McCartin at 193 and Dawson at 191. Rampe is 188 and wants to go onto Dusty, so Lynch and Jack should hopefully do well. We need to ensure that we put the ball out to their advantage as I think with their small defenders (and our lower number of small forwards) they could rebound out of their quite kick if we kick it poorly.
Yeah hopefully we don’t see a repeat of the inside 50 butchering of last week. The Swans will make us pay more than the Hawks. If we clean that up we should have a reasonably comfortable win.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
A bit of a surprise but if we kept Eggs on our list as half back insurance and then didn't use him when both Bashar and Tigga out then why keep him at all?
Whatever positional change we made we needed to free up Shedda to rotate mid and half forward with Shai.
Love seeing our Premiership duo of Marlion and Kamdyn back on the wings.
I would have dropped Aarts instead of Rioli and would have been very tempted to bring in Ross for more run and drop Caddy but Caddy more versatile.
Ross is a fair way ahead of Dow, Martyn, Riley as next mid in line.

Reactions: 1 users

Pandaboy

Tiger Superstar
Mar 27, 2009
Just on Rioli D , is there ever a game he doesn’t seem to aggravate the ankle/foot ? So often gets up from a contest propy
yep i noticed this about 3 years ago. Just never looks 100% fit. Rightly dropped, just doesnt do enough. I dont see any real forward pressure compared to his 2017 days as part of the 3 amigos. Lost pace and has become a very ineffectual player for us.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Good move dropping Rioli and sticking egg in the backline as a distributor but I agree we also needed to find a way to give some young fellas a run. Ross would be filthy. Seeing arts and caddy in the team just pisses me off.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Good move dropping Rioli and sticking egg in the backline as a distributor but I agree we also needed to find a way to give some young fellas a run. Ross would be filthy. Seeing arts and caddy in the team just pisses me off.

Yeah it’s a difficult one , I think everyone agrees Ross is the better prospect,

You can only assume they think what Ross brings we already have enough of , and eggs may add a bit of dash coming off the backline ( this could be you stacky)

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
by all accounts Egg had a great pre season and is looking sunny side up so good luck to him

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
A bit of a surprise but if we kept Eggs on our list as half back insurance and then didn't use him when both Bashar and Tigga out then why keep him at all?
Whatever positional change we made we needed to free up Shedda to rotate mid and half forward with Shai.
Love seeing our Premiership duo of Marlion and Kamdyn back on the wings.
I would have dropped Aarts instead of Rioli and would have been very tempted to bring in Ross for more run and drop Caddy but Caddy more versatile.
Ross is a fair way ahead of Dow, Martyn, Riley as next mid in line.
Yep.
Opening is there for the Eggsy to take, we've given him a contractural life line this year, so it's all up to him now.

Rossy definitely next in line mid, then R2D2 n probably Dow n Martyn as well, they've all still got time ahead of them, just need a midfield slot to open up for them.
Probably not a wise move trying to play young inside mids in unusual positions as they'd likely struggle to adjust to the requirements. We've recently been fudging around a bit with mature players like Cadds, Fish n KMac trying to adjust them around half back n wing etc. It hasn't always been totally successful, more a patch as best we can situation.