Changes for Semi | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Semi

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Lynch Caddy

Chol and I’m not sure , wouldn’t be Aarts, Castagna or Rioli as there the ones we need at his feet

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Dimma doesn't make wholesale changes so can only see 2 ins and outs. Lynch is a certainty and Caddy depending on injury.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
With Prestia and Shedda limited with midfield time, wouldn’t be a bad idea to bring Ross or another genuine mid in , at who’s expense I’m not sure, it’s to late to be thinking that much

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
With Prestia and Shedda limited with midfield time, wouldn’t be a bad idea to bring Ross or another genuine mid in , at who’s expense I’m not sure, it’s to late to be thinking that much

Its gonna take a herculean effort to win the flag from here.

Not to say we cant be herculean when we nees to be.

Port have had incredible continuity in their side.

If we cant 1. Win the semi, and 2. Get astbury clicking with balta and houli clicking with shorty and bakes and dion and sheds and nank clicking with cotchy and dusty and jack and marlion,

We wont win.

Its alot of *smile* clicking in a fortnight.

Only our forward 6 have had continuity this year, and they still dont seem to have clicked.

Herculean? Perhaps miraculous when i read that back

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
In: Lynch, Caddy, Ross, Broad
Out: Chol, Pickett, Aarts, Astbury
I think this is the way to go. I'm reluctant to drop Astbury as he's a dual premiership hero and he's played okay in his 2 games back. However we developed a great backline chemistry with Balta as KPD and it's been out of kilter since Dave has come back. Broad gives more flexibilty and run.

Chol is an obvious out for Lynch. He has talent but he has neither the desire or the intensity for AFL football; let alone finals football. Should be delisted.

Caddy (if 100% fit) for Aarts. Sorry Jake you've had a good year but you don't have the credits to survive an awful game like tonight. Finals take no prisoners.

Ross for Pickett. I like Marlion and his story but his kicking is often atrocious. He can be very wasteful with the ball and we saw the worst of that tonight.

Others that should be in the gun are George and Rioli but Dimma loves them both too much to drop them in finals. But both have had poor years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Feb 25, 2007
Chol and Aarts were the two I wanted out. I gave Chol the reprieve with lynch not playing but geez was I wrong. He was once again pitiful. Lost in wonderland.
I was just hoping he would split the packs, throw himself at the marking contests, and work in tandem with jack but no no no. Out you go!!!

Aarts has been good this year but looked a little lost tonight, surely Caddy comes in for him next week. We missed that bloody toughness in the forward line and Caddy also strong overhead.

Also, missed that breakaway speed out of the backline tonight maybe humidity got to them. We did look spent.
Pickett and Macca both disappointing (Picketts kicking atrocious) that alone should see him out but don't think either will go out. Ross, Broad, and Markov waiting in the wings.

Outs: Chol and Aarts
Ins: Lynch and Caddy

Last edited:

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Tend to agree with astute tiger.

Lynch must come back and should be fine to play. Chol did eventually play ruck for a while and I don't like 1 ruck, but with Soldo out, CCJ idiotic and Chol not able to ruck we have no choice. Lynch for Chol.

Aarts, maybe finals was too much of a stretch without many games under his belt. He can be very good and always puts in, but I reckon Caddy is a better option up forward.

McIntosh and Pickett had an off night. When they play well opposition teams have no option but to go down the line. They did not seem to be positioning well tonight. They stay but get a rocket up the rear end to get them going.

Prestia got valuable game time, must stay in.

Shedda was fleeting tonight, second game back blues, he stays, too good to drop, proven finals performer.

Ross and Broad dreadfully unlucky.

Defence needs to be sorted, they scored 42% of the time entering their forward 50, it was over 50% at half time. We can't win if that happens.

Lynch must make a difference as we scored 29% of the time when we entered forward 50, needs to be better. We had more inside 50s, which is common, but we lost, which is not the reward we want from our forward 50 entries.

Mind you, it was certainly a strange game at Adelaide last night - even inside 50s, Port scored 32% of inside 50s and Geelong 41% - yet Port won.

DS

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Get the ruck situation sorted cause if saints win Marshall and Ryder will have a field day.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Tend to agree with astute tiger.

Lynch must come back and should be fine to play. Chol did eventually play ruck for a while and I don't like 1 ruck, but with Soldo out, CCJ idiotic and Chol not able to ruck we have no choice. Lynch for Chol.

Aarts, maybe finals was too much of a stretch without many games under his belt. He can be very good and always puts in, but I reckon Caddy is a better option up forward.

McIntosh and Pickett had an off night. When they play well opposition teams have no option but to go down the line. They did not seem to be positioning well tonight. They stay but get a rocket up the rear end to get them going.

Prestia got valuable game time, must stay in.

Shedda was fleeting tonight, second game back blues, he stays, too good to drop, proven finals performer.

Ross and Broad dreadfully unlucky.

Defence needs to be sorted, they scored 42% of the time entering their forward 50, it was over 50% at half time. We can't win if that happens.

Lynch must make a difference as we scored 29% of the time when we entered forward 50, needs to be better. We had more inside 50s, which is common, but we lost, which is not the reward we want from our forward 50 entries.

Mind you, it was certainly a strange game at Adelaide last night - even inside 50s, Port scored 32% of inside 50s and Geelong 41% - yet Port won.

DS

Great points but not sure on defence part the midfield and forwards let us down no pressure on ball carrier way to easy coming in our defence.Grimes wasn't used correctly we didn't wake up Cameron taking him up the ground getting him out of the play was a ploy.