Changes for Semi | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Semi

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
stoked broady is back.

he is the anti-chol

we know he will compete his guts out.

hes fast, he's tough, hes good overhead and has a big motor and most importantly

appears to, and actually does, give everything hes got.

I reckon this is our best 22.

a premiership 22.

Broady to back up ruck off the bench, and offer a defensive insurance policy.

$hai to go forward

Reactions: 5 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Caddy would have to be on the way now.
Can't see him ever getting back in best 22.
Had very interrupted training with hamstring injury mid-July then came back for last rd v Adelaide. He took some marks but hurt his knee early in game. Came back on after half time but he hasn't quite got there. Needs continuity of training to keep a high level of fitness. Not over for him yet.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Yeah King will do a few, not many. He averages .9 HOs for 2020.
But clunked some impressive marks converted into goals against Dogs. On 2nd thought, I'd be quite confident in leaving him to Astbury, trusting his experience and weight/size to manage King fine, leaving Balta to be used ruck relief, forward too. Poses another threat wherever he goes.

wammo

We're from Tigerland
May 16, 2007
So, for me, Broad in for Marlion or Jake.
Broady runs the wing and either helps out in the ruck, or goes down back for a bit here and there to let Noah help out in the ruck.
I'd like to have Oleg in for his pace, but can't really see how to balance the rest of the team.
And obviously that leaves Mabs going out for Tommy.
I know, I know, self praise is no praise at all, but i so rarely get the changes anywhere near right...

Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Balta named down back so its likely that Broad will be the backup ruck. Where he goes when he doesn't ruck will be interesting. Defensive forward to help with generating seperation between Jack, Tom and their direct opponents? Wing? Or could we be looking at a player that is used as a tagger, would be a massive swing from usual Dimma policy, but Hill can be so damaging, maybe thats the plan?

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Yeah but what I don't get is Dimma's comment about team selection. If Chol wasn't there to help out Nank who else could we have selected? Soldo and CCJ not available; we don't have any other ruckmen.
Guess you'll now find out tomorrow. To me it's clear and what others have been suggesting for a while, Balta backing up in the ruck. Let's see if that's what happens.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
great to see Broad back. I was thinking Caddy as well as another 'big', but good changes

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
we dont need to match their speed, we need to negate its effect

Yeah and we need to do that with pressure and congestion. Last weeks game against the Dogs was hardly contested and didn't resemble a finals type intensity. They want to get it out of congestion, and move it quickly. I think it will still be a quick game, but 2 very different styles, we like it congested but then we burst with speed using handball (easier to handball in congestion than kick), they will try to get the ball out by foot and control the ball using kick mark (but they play on quickly unlike other kick mark teams like the Eagles and the Cats).

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Also, with Broady in, Lynch may ruck more and Astbury in forward, Broady spend time in the back. We have options which is good. if we win, we need the options in the following weeks.

Lynch won't ruck.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
So we are going into the game with one ruck.

Tell me how that went early in the year when we tried it?

We've been going in 1 ruck for weeks. Chol may as well not have been there. We had to do something different. Nanks cannot play 91% game time.