Changes for Semi | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Semi

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
caddy very unlucky!!!!
maybe cooling his jets until next week!

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The way we played against Footscray made me think we'd learned a lot about how to play these freewheeling, speedy outfits.

It was noticeable in the opening minutes when the Scraggers expected us to go fast, we were actually quite slow and deliberate.

Unlike the dreaded 'ball security' period of a few years ago, we've got the skills to carry this off today.

My tip is an uncharacteristic uncontested-style, high possession game from the Tigers, removing the Saints' two main strengths: aerial dominance and speed on the rebound.

That was very noticeable in the game against Footscray. Worth a try although manic finals pressure is also a good option. Last week's final between Footscray and StKilda wasn't at that level of pressure so upping the pressure game could well work.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
That was very noticeable in the game against Footscray. Worth a try although manic finals pressure is also a good option. Last week's final between Footscray and StKilda wasn't at that level of pressure so upping the pressure game could well work.

DS
And when the Dogs ( even though it was late ) upped the pressure the game changed. If it wasn’t for inaccurate kicking the result could have been different. Did the Saints coast thinking they done enough, or was it the Dogs game changing??

Finals are different but that H&A game against the Dogs was certainly played differently by us and took Bevo & the Dogs off guard and they never recovered.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Great to see Broad back in the team, hope he has a great game.

Reactions: 9 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Will Balta now play forward/ruck with Broad in? I'm thinking Bolton will also play more forward with Aarts out.

We will be fine. We haven't lost a Semi in 43 years

is this true?

i also believe we have never gone out in straight sets in our history as well.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Where going into tonights game with 6 players out of form and 3 just delist material.
Im not confident like others.
Lambert- Ross should be playing
Astbury- out of form
Houli- back to 2013 form
Prestia- Match fitness
Pickett- can we put him back in the mid season draft?
Nakas- Worse game ive seen him play for us last week.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Where going into tonights game with 6 players out of form and 3 just delist material.
Im not confident like others.
Lambert- Ross should be playing
Astbury- out of form
Houli- back to 2013 form
Prestia- Match fitness
Pickett- can we put him back in the mid season draft?
Nakas- Worse game ive seen him play for us last week.t

That's a bit harsh so Nank one off game out of form ?.Prestia wasn't bad last week.Lambert and Pickett I agree need to lift.Dave was serviceable had the wrong matchup on him.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Hopefully I dont jinkx us but out of interest have we ever gone out in straight sets? I cant ever remember it.

Maybe back in the 1920's or 30's?
Richmond and Essendon surprising omissions.

12 Collingwood*
9 Carlton
7 Geelong*
4 Sydney
2 Fitzroy, Hawthorn, Melbourne, North Melbourne
1 Brisbane, Fremantle, Port Adelaide, West Coast, Western Bulldogs

* Collingwood (1946) and Geelong (1962) also drew a final

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

JR8

Tiger Legend
Apr 23, 2003
Melbourne - Eastern Subs
Richmond and Essendon surprising omissions.

12 Collingwood*
9 Carlton
7 Geelong*
4 Sydney
2 Fitzroy, Hawthorn, Melbourne, North Melbourne
1 Brisbane, Fremantle, Port Adelaide, West Coast, Western Bulldogs

* Collingwood (1946) and Geelong (1962) also drew a final

Constantly amaze me how you get those stats prepared so quickly!!!

Great effort by us and embarrassing for the Scum!!

Reactions: 1 users