Changes Rd22 West Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes Rd22 West Coast

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
If Cotchin is to have any impact during the finals he needs to play the next two weeks. Resting him for 1 more, then playing 1 game before another week off will probably be more detrimental due to lack of conditioning.

come off it. If it came to it I wouldn't hesitate to bring him straight back in regardless off when it was. Its Cotch!

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
You blokes have misunderstood what I'm saying.

If I was implying Cotchin was no longer a top 22 player (which is ridiculous) I would have said "I know Cotchin deserves the highest level of respect but I'm wondering if he is in our best side at the moment."

I didn't say that though, I said given the amount of footy he has missed. I'm talking about the risk of playing an under prepared player with a risk of injury that is significantly higher than normal.

Seems an incredibly convoluted way of saying "he's at risk of re-injury" but O-Kay.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
You blokes have misunderstood what I'm saying.

If I was implying Cotchin was no longer a top 22 player (which is ridiculous) I would have said "I know Cotchin deserves the highest level of respect but I'm wondering if he is in our best side at the moment."

I didn't say that though, I said given the amount of footy he has missed. I'm talking about the risk of playing an under prepared player with a risk of injury that is significantly higher than normal.

Balme said playing him was a roll of the dice. I'm saying I don't like the odds.

Are you saying it’s season over for him because we can’t trust his hammy and he lacks conditioning?
I’m suggesting that, as long as his hammy feels strong, we have to take the risk. He’s a champion player, our Captain and spiritual leader and if it goes, It’s bad luck not bad management because one thing is certain ; Our physical performance department will not send him back if it’s not right.
You sound like you’re prepared to hang him in the closet until next year but I may be misunderstanding you

Last edited:

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
In Burge we trust.

He had awareness early in the Cwood game, then missed two games, so he probably is fine.

But it wouldn't worry me if he was just the mascot this week or even next. September is when he's really needed.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Lets not get ahead of ourselves here.They won the flag last year and they have beaten us at the G
When did they last beat us at the G? The last time we played them there was early 2017 and we won fairly comfortably as I recall.

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
I still think we miss a tough in-under player when Cotch does not play. When Calton made their "come back" against us, he was exactly the type of player we needed to steady things down. The only other crash and bash type I can think of atm is Towner. Do we bring him in and put him on the ball (not forward) , to help the mid rotations?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Are you saying it’s season over for him because we can’t trust his hammy and he lacks conditioning?
I’m suggesting that, as long as his hammy feels strong, we have to take the risk. He’s a champion player, our Captain and spiritual leader and if it goes, It’s bad luck not bad management because one thing is certain ; Our physical performance department will not send him back if it’s not right.
You sound like you’re prepared to hang him in the closet until next year but I may be misunderstanding you

question for the medicos cause ive never done a hammy....

if it was a GF and cotchy tweaked a hammy in the 1st qtr,

could he sit in a FP?

I.e. is a minor hammy something you can play for if there is no next week?

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
If Cotchin is to have any impact during the finals he needs to play the next two weeks. Resting him for 1 more, then playing 1 game before another week off will probably be more detrimental due to lack of conditioning.

Is he eligible for VFL final played during the AFL rest week before finals?

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
come off it. If it came to it I wouldn't hesitate to bring him straight back in regardless off when it was. Its Cotch!
Of course you would play him even if he missed the next 2 and come back for the finals. But you completely missed my point. I would rather get a couple of games into him now than giving him another week off. The more preparation he has the better for him. He lacks conditioning.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
You completely missed my point. I would rather get a couple of games into him now than giving him another week off. The more preparation he has the better for him. He lacks conditioning.
I can see your point, but if they do give him another week off, i'd back our rehab and conditioning staff to have him ready to go, they're the best in the AFL.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Cotchin wont be playing VFL.

I agree, just interested hypothetically if he is eligible. I think he would be. I don't think however if Cotchin doesn't play this week that he will be packed up and not brought out again til next year. His goal will 100% be finals whether he plays this week or not.

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
Not sure about Stack but if Burge is confident then that’s my answer.
Cotchin unavailable so
In Balta and Martin
Out Caddy and Short
B Broad Astbury Rioli
HB Edwards Valistun Houli
C Balta Bolton Ellis
HF Castagna Riewoldt Lambert
F Martin Lynch Grimes (Mcgovern)
R Nankervis Ross Prestia
I/C Baker Chol Graham Stack
TBC Caddy Cotchin