Changes Rd22 West Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes Rd22 West Coast

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
People think WC will come over and slap us.
Not sure about that.
Nearly every week they play in pristine conditions.
Wet and heavy ground might change there run and gun gsme style.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
People saying Baker will be dropped must have watched a different game to me?

I gave him a vote

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I would have thought the changes were pretty easy this week.
Out: Chol, Caddy, Baker
In: Dusty, Cotchy, Soldo

You could potentially keep Caddy and lose Soldo. But I wouldn't.
Chol over Soldo was a poor decision. It's either Nank alone or Soldo/Nank.

Something that hasn't been factored in to our ruck calculations is that Nank is really a second ruck. He gets monstered by big blokes and routinely loses hit outs. He's a quality enough footballer to be damaging as a big midfielder, or get out option down the line, or even lead up forward, but that's second ruck territory.

Soldo is a proper first ruck. Definitely played like one in the two's today, and spent the last two weeks holding his own against Gawn and Grundy, the league's best.

Chol has been really poor for a month. He's got a decent small man game for a tall. But a horrible big man game for an anyone. He never takes a contested grab. He's a non factor in the ruck. You may as well play a small who has a better than decent small man's game and is also a non factor in the ruck. Net gain.

So we either go Nank alone a la 2017, teach Caddy to Grigg, or get Balta to do it. Or we go more traditional Soldo first ruck, Nank second. Either way, Chol plays VFL.

Blabber mouth Grigg said as much to the world on the Chanel 7 commentary

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
People saying Baker will be dropped must have watched a different game to me?

I gave him a vote

I like Baker. He also played okay. But looked a bit lost off the ball at times today. Lots of running to nowhere.

Unfortunately he's a man without a position. Offers nothing defensively, and doesn't really give much drive out of the backline. As a small mid/forward, I like him. Not sure of his value where he is.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Think Bolton will get dropped

he was ordinary and Dimma hated the 100m penalty

the free wasn't there in the first place, but the two 50's were really dumb footy

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
We are now picking sides on matchups and weather more than ever before.

28 blokes in the mix. It's getting harder and harder. Reckon he have to play all the midgets forward of the centre. West Coast back smalls, little bit iffy for me. Rioli has to play.

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
People think WC will come over and slap us.
Not sure about that.
Nearly every week they play in pristine conditions.
Wet and heavy ground might change there run and gun gsme style.
Almost guarantees we win. You're in the David King class of predictive ability.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I like Baker. He also played okay. But looked a bit lost off the ball at times today. Lots of running to nowhere.

Unfortunately he's a man without a position. Offers nothing defensively, and doesn't really give much drive out of the backline. As a small mid/forward, I like him. Not sure of his value where he is.
You can't have enough proper footballers. He's a proper footballer.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Something that hasn't been factored in to our ruck calculations is that Nank is really a second ruck. He gets monstered by big blokes and routinely loses hit outs. ..

Soldo is a proper first ruck. Definitely played like one in the two's today, and spent the last two weeks holding his own against Gawn and Grundy, the league's best.

Actually, the Soldo and Chol hitout numbers have been poor - well beaten against Cwood and Dees. Soldo today just 7 possessions in the VFL - hardly great in sunny conditions (we kicked 19 goals).

I'm calling time on the Balta farce. He'll be consistently more competitive than Chol and get at least as many hitouts. He actually jumps in ruck contests.

Reactions: 2 users

Tigers3339

Tiger Cub
Sep 29, 2016
Actually, the Soldo and Chol hitout numbers have been poor - well beaten against Cwood and Dees. Soldo today just 7 possessions in the VFL - hardly great in sunny conditions (we kicked 19 goals).

I'm calling time on the Balta farce. He'll be consistently more competitive than Chol and get at least as many hitouts. He actually jumps in ruck contests.
Agree on Balta. Chol gives very little. Don’t forget about Menendue and Markov. Very good today. I think Markova has potential as a forward.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
In Dusty and Soldo
Out Short and Chol

If Cotchin is fit Ellis out.

Baker forward and Stack back. Sheds may also need to go back to cover Short out.