Changes Rd22 West Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes Rd22 West Coast

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Hardwick can forgive poor individual performances as long as they are honest.

Stack was dishonest against Carlton. Those forward assists he burned through lazy passes is a lack of respect for the work up the ground.

It’s an attitude thing. Stack will return and he’ll be better for the stern hype check.

Don’t worry about Stack,
Hardwick should be givin the boot if we don’t at least make the GF.
Weakest 8 in the history of the 8.
Weakest top 4 since 1923
8 games in a row on the MCG.
No excuses.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

You and many others would’ve been disappointed. That’s why?
I think the club has put themselves in a corner with this bloke. The hype has be Mohammad Ali like
Pity the club realise now all they have now is a Jamie Elliott clone.
He isn’t even standing out in the reserves. How can you possibly pick him???

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
Don’t worry about Stack,
Weakest top 4 since 1923
No excuses.
LOL....Sack a coach with 4 wins (including a flag) from 8 finals appearances. According to that logic only Beveridge (80%), Simpson 66.7%),Clarkson (61%)stay in a job as current coaches with more finals win. Longmire (50%), Scott(40%), Buckley(37%),Hinkley (50%).
We could always pick up Pyke (60% finals wins) or even better Goodwin ( 66.7% finals win) as possible replacements....NOT!!!

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Don’t worry about Stack,
Weakest top 4 since 1923
No excuses.
Anything less than second is a fail worthy of getting sacked? Yeah that's rational.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Back to the old " lost it at the selection table" days

:peepwall
I know you are taking the *smile* Taz, but the Stack omission is bizarre. He played his best football down back and against a very good forward line he is the perfect match up for a Rioli or Ryan.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I know you are taking the **** Taz, but the Stack omission is bizarre. He played his best football down back and against a very good forward line he is the perfect match up for a Rioli or Ryan.
I thought his poor game was a bit bizarre if no injuries are involved as well ,there was a lack of competitiveness ( unlike him ), and the alleged instagram post was not ideal,

Just hope all is well

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I thought his poor game was a bit bizarre if no injuries are involved as well ,there was a lack of competitiveness ( unlike him ), and the alleged instagram post was not ideal,

Just hope all is well

Don't really buy the poor game mantra. Statistically was overall better than Rioli be spite playing 12% less game time, yeah not a great game, but nothing abnormal in his pressure acts etc. Has to be disciplinary if he's not injured.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Don't really buy the poor game mantra. Statistically was overall better than Rioli be spite playing 12% less game time, yeah not a great game, but nothing abnormal in his pressure acts etc. Has to be disciplinary if he's not injured.

ok , fair enough, only watched it the once from a bar in bangkok with poor sound , and maybe my expectations from him are too high from his previous work, but at the time I thought he looked a bit off

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Maybe I’m just being a little sensitive about something going wrong with Sydney, but the decision to drop him on the eve of finals has to be worrying.

He came into the club with a massive point to prove.

Well, he proved that point. For the first time, he’s free to make excuses for himself if he so allows himself... the kind of excuses that plague many of the “could’ve been” champions.

The facts are he smashed Melbourne’s captain, beat Eddie Beats in a defensive role, and became talk of the town. Then he went forward and kicked 4 goals to attract praise as the best kid in the comp.

At this point, people were saying he’s the greatest young player we’ve seen debut for Richmond.

Gradually, he’s played worse and worse. Rumoured to be having a few late nights. Picked up a calf injury.

Then the coach loses faith in him two weeks before a premiership tilt.

These two weeks are a full dresss rehearsal for finals, so dropping someone on form at this stage (with stars returning the week after) is significant.

I’ve loved everything he‘s done up until about 6 weeks ago and I fully expect the club to make it work, but I think the decision to drop Sydney was a serious one.

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Stack has more talent in his little finger than half the side. He's had one ordinary game.
This is clearly a disciplinary decision.
That can go one of two ways. Hopefully the kid responds well to the tough love & he bounces back hard when we'll need him most.

Reactions: 4 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Stack has more talent in his little finger than half the side. He's had one ordinary game.
This is clearly a disciplinary decision.
That can go one of two ways. Hopefully the kid responds well to the tough love & he bounces back hard when we'll need him most.

And if it is a discipline thing it may well prove to be a great call by the MC.
Hopefully in a few weeks we’ll all see the benefit of having taken this action right away.

Reactions: 1 users

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Stack is a disciplinary ommission and not form. Hope it gives him the sting to get back on track. Was always the risk with taking Stack.

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Dropping Stacky has to be mostly a kick up the arse for believing his own hype, maybe with a pinch of fatigue thrown in. I have no problems with it at all. Im loving our long-game, big picture approach this year.

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
One poor game on the back of returning from injury. It certainly doesn't add up.

Thee move to the forward line is also pretty odd considering how well he was playing. Oddly it seems as though they wanted to fit Short back in although the equally as odd a move of Baker to the backline adds to the confusion.