Changes Rd22 West Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes Rd22 West Coast

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Not sure if some saw how hard Ross was at it. His defensive side was brilliant including some crunching tackles and desperate lunges. There's no way unless sore he's getting dropped.

Ross won't be dropped again this season.
Will have premiership medal swinging around his neck in about six or so weeks.

Reactions: 2 users

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
Time for the MC to innovate,get Marlion onto aHB Flank,replacing Shortie.

Gives us that hard edge required for Finals.

This guy is hungry,made for finals,& has a thing about West Coast,maybe Tim Kelly wasn’t the only one WC Recruiters reneged on.!!!

Reactions: 1 user

NEILBRAZIER

Tiger Cub
Mar 15, 2014
Time for the MC to innovate,get Marlion onto aHB Flank,replacing Shortie.

Gives us that hard edge required for Finals.

This guy is hungry,made for finals,& has a thing about West Coast,maybe Tim Kelly wasn’t the only one WC Recruiters reneged on.!!!

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
7 reporting Cotch unlikely to play and also saying we're trying to find an opening for Marlion
Nothing definitive and Balmey doing a Balmey. ....saying lots and telling them sfa

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
We are last for contested possessions in the comp. Interesting that dimma used to be big on contested possessions. We're not winning contests and not getting clearances but are equal flag favourites with WC who are 4th last in contested possessions. it's our defensive structures, our run, link up and handball game that are our main strengths

Correct. Compared to opposition we are 2nd last for contested ball. And yep West Coast is last. Amazing but a sign of how the game is changing. We're happy to give up more of the contested possession for greater defensive pressure causing turnover and then using forward handball to break open opponent's defence. We gain more than double the nearest opponent in metres gained through handball and did so in 2017 and 2018 as well. Our game plan is there for all to see, stopping it is another matter. Pies had some success by playing keepings off and running us ragged but I think there have been tweaks since then to counteract that. Have a read of this article for some amazing numbers

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
7 reporting Cotch unlikely to play and also saying we're trying to find an opening for Marlion
Nothing definitive and Balmey doing a Balmey. ....saying lots and telling them sfa
It’s mind games. Both will be play.

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
Hope cotch plays. I’ve been hanging to see all of Cotch, Dusty, Prestia, Lambert, Ross, Bolton, Shedda, Caddy running through the midfield together.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Check this out. WC last played a top 8 side... a bona fide top 8 side who will play finals... 2 weeks ago, Coll, and they LOST. Before that, the last time they played a bona fide top 8 side WAS ROUND SIX! And Geel SMASHED them.

Reactions: 1 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Said playing him was a risk and we would be rolling the dice.

He's played 10 games for the season and hasn't completed two of them due to injury, as well as having 3 hamstring injuries since round 3.

I hope we don't repeat the mistake of taking players with physical issues into finals two years in a row.

Why is it taking a risk when Hardwick said he could have played on the weekend but decided to give him one more week? At some stage he has to be tested in a game. Training and rest won’t put his hamstrings under match load and therefore no way of testing their strength.
Your theory of giving him an extra week on top of an extra week when he’s ready has no logic. When Burge says go, he goes

ToraToraTora

Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Check this out. WC last played a top 8 side... a bona fide top 8 side who will play finals... 2 weeks ago, Coll, and they LOST. Before that, the last time they played a bona fide top 8 side WAS ROUND SIX! And Geel SMASHED them.
Bris SMASHED them R1. They beat Coll at the G R2 when Coll was going real poor. Port SMASHED them in Perth!!

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I know Cotchin deserves the highest level of respect but I'm wondering if he is in our best side at the moment given the amount of footy he has missed?

Pretty sure Neil Balme said exactly what I said about Cotchin tonight.

Said playing him was a risk and we would be rolling the dice.

Balme was saying he's a risk because of re-injury, you said he's not in our best side because he's missed a lot of footy. Those things are not the same Richo.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
No, I'm saying the missing a lot of footy is a significant factor in the risk of re-injury.

No TBR, you said:

I know Cotchin deserves the highest level of respect but I'm wondering if he is in our best side at the moment given the amount of footy he has missed?

What Balme said and what you said was completely different, which is fine. But don't revise history.

ToraToraTora

Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Lets not get ahead of ourselves here.They won the flag last year and they have beaten us at the G

I'm a Richmond supporter no need to tell me that. I'm just shedding light on the moronic nature of the Craig O'Donoghue article in the WA.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
If Cotchin is to have any impact during the finals he needs to play the next two weeks. Resting him for 1 more, then playing 1 game before another week off will probably be more detrimental due to lack of conditioning.