Changes Rd22 West Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes Rd22 West Coast

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
very tough week for the MC.

Dusty and Cotchy to come back.

Bakes and Brando were very good. JrOSS was very good.

$hai, Danny and Stackman weren't very good. Mabs was dreadful and made the ruck conundrum, not really a conundrum. I dont think we can trust him yet.

In: Dusty, Cotchy, Ivan

Out: Mabs, Danny, Short

I reckon Bakes played himself into September.

Shorty a bit stiff, but I think Stackman has to go back to his spot. Danny may have used up his credit?

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane

$hai, Danny and Stackman weren't very good. Mabs was dreadful and made the ruck conundrum, not really a conundrum. I dont think we can trust him yet.

Shorty a bit stiff, but I think Stackman has to go back to his spot. Danny may have used up his credit?

Short and Caddy first out for mine. Closely followed by Brando.

All depends on who's available

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Short must be dropped, his poor physicality stands out. Agree with Mabs getting dropped, unless it is dry? Could we go with just one ruckman?

Baker was pretty good today, I hope they continue with him he's gonna be a very good AFL player.

Maybe just dusty & cotch in for Short & Mabs? Or Short & Caddy? Or Short & Ross?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Short and Caddy first out for mine. Closely followed by Brando.

All depends on who's available

I wouldn't argue you.

but yeah really tough.

as I said, bells, bakes and jross were possibly pencilled to make way for cotchy and dusty but I had all 3 of them in our best 6.

Stackman has to go back next week.

I'm mostly prepared to forget that game. It was crap and we got the 4 points.

But I lost a fair bit of trust in Mabior. He played like a short, black, mason cox

Reactions: 2 users

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Short must be dropped, his poor physicality stands out. Agree with Mabs getting dropped, unless it is dry? Could we go with just one ruckman?

Baker was pretty good today, I hope they continue with him he's gonna be a very good AFL player.

Maybe just dusty & cotch in for Short & Mabs? Or Short & Caddy? Or Short & Ross?
Sydney getting close to losing his spot. Can’t keep his feet and looking slow. Might be cooked.

Outs definitely. Chol Ellis (perhaps Stack)
In Mc Intosh Martin(perhaps Balta) (Cotch 1 more week)

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
Geee is caddy really doin enough ??
I’d seriously consider kmac instead !!

Ross was very good

Chol not up to it
Short and Bolton very quiet

Out Chol and caddy and short
In dusty and Cotchin and kmac

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Caddy should stay.Was ranked in the top 8 today. Cotch another week out IMO. Martin Towner in for chol and stack(rest time).

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Out Chol and caddy and short
In dusty and Cotchin and kmac

I wouldn't argue that neither.

toughest MC of the year IMO.

we would plan as if its a GF dress rehearsal, and we want Cotchy, Dusty, Kmac and maybe Ivan in the side?

and a lot of our fringe played well.

I think they will disregard todays game (we were flat, it was wet) and pick the September best 22.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Tough week again at the selection table ! I think the boys would enjoy a game with decent weather for a change , bit of a slog pretty much from the Suns game onwards except for the Power game !

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
and there's this from rfc.com

The silky West Australian was then thrown into the midfield in the second half and showed the potential of a seemingly bottomless trick bag.

our best September 22 is very *smile* hard, without the Marlion Pickett Wild card.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
For me its Chol, Short and Ellis out (and maybe Stackman needs a rest??)
Ins: Martin, Cotchin (if ready), Soldo and maybe Pickett

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
and there's this from rfc.com

The silky West Australian was then thrown into the midfield in the second half and showed the potential of a seemingly bottomless trick bag.

our best September 22 is very ******* hard, without the Marlion Pickett Wild card.

I wasn’t aware the vfl was televised today so didn’t watch any of it , but in the stats I saw he only had 15 possessions

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
I would have thought the changes were pretty easy this week.
Out: Chol, Caddy, Baker
In: Dusty, Cotchy, Soldo

You could potentially keep Caddy and lose Soldo. But I wouldn't.
Chol over Soldo was a poor decision. It's either Nank alone or Soldo/Nank.

Something that hasn't been factored in to our ruck calculations is that Nank is really a second ruck. He gets monstered by big blokes and routinely loses hit outs. He's a quality enough footballer to be damaging as a big midfielder, or get out option down the line, or even lead up forward, but that's second ruck territory.

Soldo is a proper first ruck. Definitely played like one in the two's today, and spent the last two weeks holding his own against Gawn and Grundy, the league's best.

Chol has been really poor for a month. He's got a decent small man game for a tall. But a horrible big man game for an anyone. He never takes a contested grab. He's a non factor in the ruck. You may as well play a small who has a better than decent small man's game and is also a non factor in the ruck. Net gain.

So we either go Nank alone a la 2017, teach Caddy to Grigg, or get Balta to do it. Or we go more traditional Soldo first ruck, Nank second. Either way, Chol plays VFL.

Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Choi shouldn't have been on the park on form when right now Soldo is a better bet to support Nanks so my changes are out Choi and Short and bring in Dusty and Soldo. Give Cotch another week for his hammie healing

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Fine weather and west coast marking power worries me ,

I think we play soldo and nank for this game

Reactions: 1 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I would probably give soldo a large workload rucking and play nank as a mobile tall, some of the younger guys are better athletes, but nank has the maturity and game smarts imo

Reactions: 1 user