Changes v Crows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Crows

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Depends on who’s coming back from injury but I’d do this:
Out: Naish, Ross, Ralphsmith, Rioli, Castagna
In: Cotchin, Bolton, Prestia, CCJ, Caddy

I’m also tempted to drop Astbury for Stack. If Pickett is suspended, Stack is the replacement. Once Edwards or Lambert is fit, they come in for Collier-Dawkins.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Depends on who’s coming back from injury but I’d do this:
Out: Naish, Ross, Ralphsmith, Rioli, Castagna
In: Cotchin, Bolton, Prestia, CCJ, Caddy

I’m also tempted to drop Astbury for Stack. If Pickett is suspended, Stack is the replacement. Once Edwards or Lambert is fit, they come in for Collier-Dawkins.
The basis for the above is that the forward line has failed all year & we need to try something different with three way tall rotation plus putting Caddy back to his best spot. Aarts, Bolton, Baker & resting mids to be the pressure focussed but dangerous small forwards.

Reactions: 1 user
Feb 25, 2007
They were saying on the commentary it’s a fine. If he wasn’t wearing a Richmond jumper it wouldn’t even be a fine.

He got a week, surely we challenge it. No strike, just a high coat hanger with no real force. AFL are a disgrace!!!

Reactions: 2 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Yes but that's because our permanent small forwards mainly Rioli and Castagna aren't performing. 3 goals and 2 goal assists between them in the last 5 games. Not good enough. Baker showed in one game how the position should be played. Losing Bolton, Edwards and Lambert didn't help as they often rotate through the forward line. The only reason I see another tall coming in is to give Nanks a chop-out in the ruck (which may happen soon as he can't go for the whole season with that load). Of course you can't just be there for pinch-hitting in the ruck so if another tall is brought in, they'll also be in a rotation with Jack and Lynch.
I think the issue is Jack and Lynch. They were complete blanketed in quarter 2 and 3. Their role is to bring it down and then the forward group either score or lock it in. It is not happening.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I think the issue is Jack and Lynch. They were complete blanketed in quarter 2 and 3. Their role is to bring it down and then the forward group either score or lock it in. It is not happening.
Intercept marks was 17 to them, 20 to us. The ball is being brought to ground plenty. They kicked 3 goals each. Lynch should have been 5. Top goal scorer this year is averaging 3.5 goals a a game. 5th is 2.89 so can't say they didn't do their job in that area. I think Lynch isn't playing with the greatest confidence atm but it's the smalls that are responsible predominantly for locking the ball in and scoring once the ball hits the ground. As you say it isn't happening. We're relying far too much on Jack and Lynch scoring a lot of goals to win. Need more from the smalls.

Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Like to see jack rested. Great in the first 10 minutes and then went missing

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
We won't put in another tall as the MC don't want to sacrifice speed . . . that's going well isn't it?

It ain't working, there should be no fear of changing the structure a bit when we seem uncompetitive against the best teams. The only top team we have beaten is the top team with a lack of height. I think we are too short.

The running small forwards are not doing much at the moment, one of Rioli and Castagna need a break and I would say Rioli.

DS

Reactions: 5 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
I totally agree. what's happening against the better teams, if we lose it in the centre and our backs win it, by the time the ball goes into our forward, the opposition already have their centre line back and mids while we running it out. Hence, always two against one. We need to deliver it differently. I don't know the answer, however, I would try Tom and Jack presenting CHF & HFF and open forward line for Dusty and visa versa. Kicking it to them at HF line gives an opportunity for them to mark or our smalls to crumb rather than the ball entering in our forward line and coming straight ball on the rebounds with opposition players running in a group (hard to stop).

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
The problem is pretty simple. No spread from stoppage because we haven’t had any transition mids to select.

That’s transition from inside to out. Something we’ve excelled at 2017-2020 because of players like Lambert, Prestia, Cotchin, Edwards, Bolton.

Exceptionally good decision makers who release others into space.

Without them the entire structure is under pressure. Our backs have to deal with dangerous ball. Our small forwards have to cover too much ground and can’t apply themselves in their most critical task - bring dangerous in F50.

This is a simple problem that Dimma has tried to rectify but is essentially powerless until the troops come back.

Reactions: 6 users

Cotchin_4_brownlow

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 25, 2009
Have to consider Caddy and CCJ after big numbers in the vfl again this week.

I don't think we should rush all our players back from injury this week against Adelaide.

Reactions: 1 users