Changes v Dawks - Operation Next Generation | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Dawks - Operation Next Generation

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
I like the fact they are playing the kids.

Think they should have kept Hugo in the team.

Not sure about selecting Castagna, what purpose does this serve?

Good to see Miller get a go, looks like he has one chance, hopefully he does well. If he does well, I hope it isn't a one off.

Cumberland I would think is not selected as not ready, get a pre-season into him and give him a go.

Glad RCD gets another game, with experience hopefully he knows what he needs to do over the break to take the next step.

DS
Cumberland, no need to play him if he's not 110%, makes sense. Agree with everyone though, why bring back George? We have quite a few young guys on the list who can play manic and would benefit more from a game, ie: MRJ. My only thinking is that Dimma is hoping he has a decent game and goes into the offseason with a bit more confidence and motivation.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Biggest concern for me is Prestia with a calf if he’s really injured.
Doubt he’d be managed as they work so hard in rehab to get back and can’t imagine he’d be happy to be rested for the last game after such a short stint back.
So on face value, he’s injured again.
Very worrying.

Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Cumberland, no need to play him if he's not 110%, makes sense. Agree with everyone though, why bring back George? We have quite a few young guys on the list who can play manic and would benefit more from a game, ie: MRJ. My only thinking is that Dimma is hoping he has a decent game and goes into the offseason with a bit more confidence and motivation.
Selection committee were very concerned about how Richmond members might view the spectacle of a potential thrashing.
Apparently they’ve bought George back in for comic relief

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Dimma's pretty good mates with Clarko. Probably just making sure his mate has a happy farewell game to finish his Hawforn journey on.

More than happy another bunch of the youngsters get another game of senior footy. Would've been even more happy if we'd tied the Cummerbund on for the last dance of the year.
Clarko is going to finish his career at Hawthorn with 4 straight wins including beating 2 top 5 teams and a 100 point thrashing of the reigning premier. His genius status will only grow.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
IN: Miller, Astbury, Castagna, Pickett, McIntosh, Collier-Dawkins, Martyn, Ross and Chol.

OUT: Prestia (calf), Cotchin (knee), Edwards (ankle), Lambert (Achilles), Nankervis (finger) and Mansell (hamstring), Garthwaite (omitted), Aarts (omitted) and Ralphsmith (omitted).
my major concern with those changes is how many we can bring back in if we thrash the Hawks, and the Pies beat the Bombers for us?
I dont think we want to be making wholesale changes going into our first final.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Hawks will pull a late change, Breust won't play. He's in the side so he can be at the ground for Clarko & Silk's last game.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I like the fact they are playing the kids.

Think they should have kept Hugo in the team.

Not sure about selecting Castagna, what purpose does this serve?

Good to see Miller get a go, looks like he has one chance, hopefully he does well. If he does well, I hope it isn't a one off.

Cumberland I would think is not selected as not ready, get a pre-season into him and give him a go.

Glad RCD gets another game, with experience hopefully he knows what he needs to do over the break to take the next step.

DS
We put some seasoned players back in because our midfield is so green. MRJ was pretty ineffectual last week, so giving him a spell and replacing with some experience to counter the lack of it elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 user