Changes V Eagles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Eagles

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
If Nank is fit -

In Nank, Lambert
Out Prestia, RCD.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Some rain (up to 15mm) in the long range forecast. Not sure if we are the wet track juggernaut we once were but suspect it would give us an advantage.

Reactions: 1 user

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Miller in is my 2c - fast, tall, great kick. Time to get serious about defensive succession planning. Grimes is not on this year and more tall defensive cover is required. I thought short really off tonight and houli has lost a lot of pace. I’d like to se mansell back.
None of this resolves ruck issues. Chol can’t ruck a full game and pulling cj out of the forward line/using Pickett is not working.
Good to see others climbing on the Miller bus. He deserves a go especially if Astbury is still not 1000% so another week off wont hurt

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
If Nank is in, we should keep Chol as second ruck with Jack and CJ up forward along with Chol and Nank going back to defend when not rucking.

Lynch comes back he goes in and we keep the talls, same applies to Astbury. We need to be taller.

In fact, maybe we try Miller this week as an Astbury replacement.

DS
Usual insightful comment DS! I would like to see what Miller can do in the big leagues. He is a big unit and supposed to move well and a good kick so better than a slower suspect fitness wise Astbury at Optus. Chol still concerns me as he can be so good and next moment infuriating when he switches off. If Nanks and Lynch do come back in then for me Chol drops out with CCJ 2nd ruck and resting forward

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Find it bizarre we've flown back to Sydney after the Weagles game was moved forward but what would I know?
On the face of it, traveling back & forth across the country twice in a row (for a team that's not really used to traveling) seems a very strange preparation. It's not a small trip.
I hope it doesn't prove the difference.:(

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Find it bizarre we've flown back to Sydney after the Weagles game was moved forward but what would I know?
On the face of it, traveling back & forth across the country twice in a row (for a team that's not really used to traveling) seems a very strange preparation. It's not a small trip.

It's because if they stayed in Perth they would be in semi-quarantine, only allowed to leave hotel rooms for official training and meals etc. They liked the Sydney accomodation better, and they can have a semi-normal week there.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Players would have been in full hotel quarantine if they'd stayed in W.A. Apart from some restricted training it would have been stay in their rooms n face masks on at all times. At least in Sydaknee they can roam around a bit, hit a cafe, prob have a round of golf or go for a swim.

Reactions: 4 users
Feb 25, 2007
Listening to Broady, (5 mins into video talks about Dion and Kane), he said that Dion is feeling good had a run around today, he didn't even need a scan and doesn't think anything is there and likely to play.
Lambert will play.

On the proviso that Prestia does play.

Ins: Lambert
Outs: Collier Dawkins

Reactions: 3 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Listening to Broady, (5 mins into video talks about Dion and Kane), he said that Dion is feeling good had a run around today, he didn't even need a scan and doesn't think anything is there and likely to play.
Lambert will play.

On the proviso that Prestia does play.

Ins: Lambert
Outs: Collier Dawkins

I think Lambert may replace Houli. Bachar will struggle to back up for big trips West 2 weeks in a row. We need RCD for mid rotations if needed during the game. Any news on Nank getting up?

Feb 25, 2007
I think Lambert may replace Houli. Bachar will struggle to back up for big trips West 2 weeks in a row. We need RCD for mid rotations if needed during the game. Any news on Nank getting up?

Fait point. We'll see how that pan out on Thurs. On Nank, one minute it sounds like he's coming in, next min, it's looking more so after the bye.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Houli played the whole of a winning grand final with a bung calf, I reckon he can cope with a plane ride

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
If Prestia plays as now reported then I expect RCD to make way for Lambert.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
It's because if they stayed in Perth they would be in semi-quarantine, only allowed to leave hotel rooms for official training and meals etc. They liked the Sydney accomodation better, and they can have a semi-normal week there.
They trained at Coogee today but I think they’re staying at the Novotel in Manly which has the beach, shops, cafes and a few activities and things right on their front door step.