Changes V Eagles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Eagles

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
people are on crazy pills calling for a Miller debut, when we are trying to get on a roll.

if he was gonna get debuted, it would have been on the front 9

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Has any team from Vic, ever had to fly over to Perth on consecutive weeks? Let alone win both games?
Did the Hawks do that years ago, becoming the first team to win an interstate final? Can't remember the year.
Hawks got smacked by Eagles in Perth in 2015 QF. Came back to Melbourne and won a SF at the G and then went back to Perth to beat Freo in a PF. Then returned the favour to the Eagles in the GF.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
What if Astbury's achilies issue nags all season? We don't want to find ourselves in the position where if we cop another injury we don't have a backup come the pointy end.
At some point we're going to have to expose an untried tall defender at the level.

Reactions: 7 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
What if Astbury's achilies issue nags all season? We don't want to find ourselves in the position where if we cop another injury we don't have a backup come the pointy end.
At some point we're going to have to expose an untried tall defender at the level.

what's happened to DTLGarthwaite?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
He's had a long layoff due to a shoulder issue. Think he's just started training again now.

Id happily be wrong,

but I'd be pretty pessimistic going into a final with Miller playing his 10th game in the backline

I would have said the same about Towner in 2017 though

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Id happily be wrong,

but I'd be pretty pessimistic going into a final with Miller playing his 10th game in the backline
Not ideal granted but we won't know what we've got until we see it at the level. I have been encouraged by some of what I've seen from Ben in the VFL this season. He's certainly a better field kick than Garthwaite or Astbury.

Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Id happily be wrong,

And Balta last year.
At some stage you have to throw them in.
Should have played against the Crows. If we get another injury to a tall down back, we’re in a spot of bother.
Just on our defensive talls, great to hear that Biggy has pulled up ok after what they initially thought was an ACL

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Id happily be wrong,

You are possibly right but the best time to try Miller is right now.

He has shown a bit over his four years on our list and in the absence of Astbury, I think this will be his debut game.

Going into a final against say a Geelong, without a backup tall to Noah, would make me equally pessimistic.

In Lambert Miller
Out Caddy Collier-Dawkins and Rioli.
Sub Rioli.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Miller has the athletic traits, speed, size and leap to be a key defender. His improvement in finding the ball and using the ball has been massive. The big difference from the little I have seen of him this year is composure.

Can also chop out in the ruck ( with some success). Not averse to him having a run but hard to see who they would drop, Castagna earned a reprieve. Maybe rest Houli (or make him sub)

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Prestia no certainty to play.
Hasn’t trained at all this week. Will train today so assessment will be completed this afternoon.
Dimma didn’t sound confident

Feb 25, 2007
Listening to Dimmas presser seems like Prestia will miss. If that is the case, Bolton will go into the starting 18.

From the IC of 7; [14] Bachar Houli, [16] Jake Aarts,[ 22] Josh Caddy, [17] Daniel Rioli, [36] Will Martyn, [45] Hugo Ralphsmith, [46] Ben Miller

I think the 4 on the bench will be, Bachar Houli, Jake Aarts, Josh Caddy, Daniel Rioli

If they decide to go, Miller then I can see Rioli being the sub again.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Not looking good on Prestia getting up. Looks like they are giving him every opportunity.

Or maybe we are just dragging this out to keep the wolves at bay and stopping them from questioning the validity of subbing him off last week?

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Gee you guys take Dimma literally. That's funny. Everything Dimma said indicates Dion plays. He couldn't be too expansive because I think Head Office have their nose out of joint. He couldn't say yeah Dion has been training the house down since we took the red eye from Perth where Dion was in economy with no ice or other treatment and then we didn't even pretend to get a scan when we got back....... ummm but he's sore. real sore!!. We'll give him every chance though and pray to the heavens that a miracle eventuates.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Miller as Sub maybe. If we find we are struggling for height down back then I'm sure someone will have hamstring awareness

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users