Changes V GC | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V GC

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Don't think Dimma will bring in any new players at this stage. With players coming back he'll look to settle his best 22.
Needs to talk to Balme - he was the one who made the hard calls back in 2017 when we weren’t afraid to drop players for non performance. Missing a bit of bravado from the selection committee. No debutantes.

RaoulJuke

Tiger Rookie
Sep 17, 2016
Pretty easy changes this week. 3 at the very least pending Nank fitness.

In: Nank, Cotchin, Houli
Out: Soldo, Rioli, Egg

Consider dropping Castagna, Ross and Caddy as well if we have suitable replacements. If not they get lucky and stay.

I missed watching the game, but it looked like Rioli did much better?

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I missed watching the game, but it looked like Rioli did much better?
He was terrible in the first half. Everything he touched turned to *smile*. He had a possession on the wing late in the second quarter where he took forever to move the ball and when he did he passed it directly to a Port player inside the centre square; there didn't appear to be a Richmond player with in 15 metres of where he kicked it.

He got the ball more in the second half but he was just so hesitant whenever he had it. Took forever to move it on and then just mostly kicked it 25m long and 40m up in the air. Gave our forwards little chance.

IMO he hasn't played a good game all year. He is sadly and terribly out of form and appears to have abandoned his natural footballing instincts. We really need to win every game (possibly could drop one) to finish top 4. I don't believe we can carry him in the form he's in.

Reactions: 1 users

RaoulJuke

Tiger Rookie
Sep 17, 2016
He was terrible in the first half. Everything he touched turned to *smile*. He had a possession on the wing late in the second quarter where he took forever to move the ball and when he did he passed it directly to a Port player inside the centre square; there didn't appear to be a Richmond player with in 15 metres of where he kicked it.

He got the ball more in the second half but he was just so hesitant whenever he had it. Took forever to move it on and then just mostly kicked it 25m long and 40m up in the air. Gave our forwards little chance.

IMO he hasn't played a good game all year. He is sadly and terribly out of form and appears to have abandoned his natural footballing instincts. We really need to win every game (possibly could drop one) to finish top 4. I don't believe we can carry him in the form he's in.
Agree he has been ordinary all year.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Lost his extra pace. It happens quickly for elite speedsters. Injury from 2017 has taken its toll. Once you lose the confidence that you cannot sprint away, you start second-guessing everything.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Daniel's kicking was mostly up and under, his boot a pitching wedge.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Needs to talk to Balme - he was the one who made the hard calls back in 2017 when we weren’t afraid to drop players for non performance. Missing a bit of bravado from the selection committee. No debutantes.
Really, surely you cannot be that naive

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Lost his extra pace. It happens quickly for elite speedsters. Injury from 2017 has taken its toll. Once you lose the confidence that you cannot sprint away, you start second-guessing everything.

He showed plenty of toe in that goal against Carlton round 1.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I think we need a bit of a re-set with our line up. With Cotch and Houli back and Caddy and rioli 1 game in from return each, it's a good time to settle to a more familiar line up especially now leading to finals. Houli in defence, cotch to join lambert, shai and dusty in the middle, caddy on the wing alternating with kmac and marlion, and george , rioli and aarts swarming the feet of tom and jack in the fwd line. Hopefully this is our launching pad similar to the bye last year.

Reactions: 3 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I think we need a bit of a re-set with our line up. With Cotch and Houli back and Caddy and rioli 1 game in from return each, it's a good time to settle to a more familiar line up especially now leading to finals. Houli in defence, cotch to join lambert, shai and dusty in the middle, caddy on the wing alternating with kmac and marlion, and george , rioli and aarts swarming the feet of tom and jack in the fwd line. Hopefully this is our launching pad similar to the bye last year.
Agree. Now is not the time for experimenting or bringing in fresh faces.
Time to settle the team on a charge to the finals.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Exactly, the experienced types who've done it before come in and find form.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
One thing we can experiment with is structure, or at least structural players.

Backline's working. Forward line spluttering.

Rest Jack. Play Mabs as the second key tall and bring in whichever one of Nank or CJ is fit to help Soldo and set screens for Mabs and Tom.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Nank's barely started running so would count on him coming in for a while. After the bye would be my guess. CCJ is also injured.