Changes V GC | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V GC

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
One thing we can experiment with is structure, or at least structural players.

Backline's working. Forward line spluttering.

Rest Jack. Play Mabs as the second key tall and bring in whichever one of Nank or CJ is fit to help Soldo and set screens for Mabs and Tom.

I like the mabs forward idea.

Bigs seem to be making a comeback this year.

Reactions: 1 users

sconies

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2019
welp.
While I feel like we had a raw deal with the Port Adelaide fixture, GC getting a five-day break while we have nine seems ridiculous/unfair to them.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I like the mabs forward idea.

Bigs seem to be making a comeback this year.
Again, you're seeing what I'm seeing. Brisbane can't beat us because their forwards are tiny. Port can because Dixon, Georgiades and Ladhams are big.

Structural talls. Because long kicking. Max King exemplary for a kid. JK and Darling and Allen. Collingwood's structureless midgets can't score.

GWS - their tall forwards are mediums. Can they win it? I have my doubts.

Reactions: 1 user

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
.extremely proud of team's performance to be in front at 3/4 BUT!........
.houli for egg is a no brainer...for now.
.as is cotchin for caddy who is stuck in reverse, jogger.
.Ridley is spot on re rioli...markov is 9cm & 6kg bigger, light years faster & far better kick...daniel topping afl fantasy pts is farcical...spectating first half
.RCJ for ross 2cm & 4kg bigger, much faster....nothing to lose.
.leave george alone...had a bad one but pace & hardness are guaranteed...will be far better with a forward partner in true speed (markov)...thats our dna.
.we were done for speed & size v port...I see the same with cats & eagles unless we address.
.maybe soldo (has battled giants-plural manfully) & nank (when fit) ruck tandem...I like chol half forward...jumping jack has lost his flash...not sure how hard he trained over summer...goes to ground, jogger...you've been great mate.
.shedda is the missing link & spiritual leader...he & bolton combo :p
.we won two flags being faster than the others...don't forget.

Reactions: 2 users

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
Again, you're seeing what I'm seeing. Brisbane can't beat us because their forwards are tiny. Port can because Dixon, Georgiades and Ladhams are big.

Structural talls. Because long kicking. Max King exemplary for a kid. JK and Darling and Allen. Collingwood's structureless midgets can't score.

GWS - their tall forwards are mediums. Can they win it? I have my doubts.

Sometimes footy isn't that complicated.

It's no coincidence that Port become a serious contender the moment they finally see Justin Westhoff for what he is.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
While I feel like we had a raw deal with the Port Adelaide fixture, GC getting a five-day break while we have nine seems ridiculous/unfair to them.

Just ask WC.
Back at home, in there own beds and they can cruise around where ever they like.
They got a 8 day break into the Carlton game and now have a 7 day break into the hawthorn game.
If we get fixtured to play them in WA, that's it for me this year.
A rumour going around now is that we will end up in Perth, because they can have crowds up to 25k.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Out: Eggmolesse-Smith, Ross, Caddy
In: Houli, Cotchin, Collier-Dawkins

Hope Soldo gets up.

This would be ok, but maybe a bit harsh on Caddy as it was his first game back. Who takes his wing spot?

We got smashed in the guts and Cotch (and maybe RCD) will help rectify this a bit.

Soldo MUST get up because there isn't anyone else available. If Soldo can't play what happens? Chol is first ruck? Let's get Grigga (Premiership Ruckman) back :)

Gee I hope our medics can get DTLD, Nank & Prestia right ASAP. SOS Shedda too.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
This would be ok, but maybe a bit harsh on Caddy as it was his first game back. Who takes his wing spot?

We got smashed in the guts and Cotch (and maybe RCD) will help rectify this a bit.

Soldo MUST get up because there isn't anyone else available. If Soldo can't play what happens? Chol is first ruck? Let's get Grigga (Premiership Ruckman) back :)

Gee I hope our medics can get DTLD, Nank & Prestia right ASAP. SOS Shedda too.

aren't Mac and Pickett ok on the wings? Josh just doesnt cover the ground well enough for me as a wingman - a pinch hitting mid-forward , strengths being contested inside balls and a couple of contested marks inside 50 a game like he used to. We are getting no goals out of him

Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Houli says he’s aiming to be back for this game.
Giddy up

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
He showed plenty of toe in that goal against Carlton round 1.

True, but he has not shown that explosive pace lately so perhaps he's had a niggle in that ankle or another minor injury to slow him down? Without being able to view training we don't really know.