Changes V GC | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V GC

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
He got dropped, he earned his spot back into the side through sheer good vfl performances and I believe attitude towards that as well. This is to be commended and understandably rewarded when a spot pops up. He is usually always good for a goal or two as well and I hope that he makes the most of this opportunity. He isn’t my favourite but I respect blokes that get dropped and earn their spot back through good attitude and hard work. I’d rather that than gifting blokes games who don’t deserve it yet
Aarts has had a very good run with selectors. I saw quite a bit of footy in 2020 including aarts debut. He goes ok against crappy opposition but his game in that final was appalling. He is not all of a sudden going to improve. I feel the selectors missed a chance to debut someone.

Reactions: 1 user

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I wonder if people will enjoy a centre bounce attended by Graham, Ross and Aarts.

Reactions: 1 users

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Aarts has had a very good run with selectors. I saw quite a bit of footy in 2020 including aarts debut. He goes ok against crappy opposition but his game in that final was appalling. He is not all of a sudden going to improve. I feel the selectors missed a chance to debut someone.
Don’t deny that the final was terrible, I was just as critical of him. I don’t believe that players can’t improve though, it happens all the time. I remember back in the day when I used to defend Edwards, people thought he should be delisted and was never going to be a part of a premiership team. He improved and is now is a three time premiership player. Regardless of previous selections, he has earns his spot back through good performances and a, glad he is being rewarded. Not one of y, favourites either but as I said, I want spots earned I. This side and a culture built on that than people being gifted games after sub par efforts.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
These are the worst changes of 2022.

We will not win with Aarts and Castagna in the side. We are unlucky with forced outs and the unavailability of Stack, but we have selected a losing side.

Which is unfortunate with the season on the line.

Over the last 2 (2021 and 2022) years our win loss with Aarts in the side is 10-1-15 (win rate of 38%).

With Aarts out of the side, we are 8-3 (win rate of 73%).

Not sure he solves any problems.
you forgot 2020, when we 11-3 with him in the team. In fact after the season resumed we hadnt won a game in the 1st 3 before we brought Aarts back in the team. we then won 11 of the next 13.
you also forgot we are 50% in games that Aarts has started this year.

i dont think anyone here is a big Jake Aarts fan, but your stats are nonsense.

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
Don’t deny that the final was terrible, I was just as critical of him. I don’t believe that players can’t improve though, it happens all the time. I remember back in the day when I used to defend Edwards, people thought he should be delisted and was never going to be a part of a premiership team. He improved and is now is a three time premiership player. Regardless of previous selections, he has earns his spot back through good performances and a, glad he is being rewarded. Not one of y, favourites either but as I said, I want spots earned I. This side and a culture built on that than people being gifted games after sub par efforts.
I don't think 27 y.o. Aarts will win or lose the game for us but I'd select any of the 4 emergencies ahead of him. Edwards was great during our flag era.. but output dropped off badly this year. While Edwards is a lock, and we are playing 2 rucks. Lambert can't get on the park. Leave Baker in the middle & Mansell to defence.
MRJ, HUgo, Ross and Gibcus have been good selections. Clarke interesting. Got a couple of wins in his games. Miller good ~ on the back of resting Gibcus. Castagna's return and now Aarts are a wasted chance to play Noah II and Stack in the AFL to see if they're up to it before they are out the door. Are Stack and Cumbo in the Caddy bucket? Dow & RCD fair enough...not doing enough in the VFL.
Some how we seem to be winning a lot of games, we probably play finals where 27 y.o. Aarts lack of awareness is exposed, in the Brizzy loss. I think I'd rather debut Sonsie ~ or anyone ahead of Aarts. (except Matty Parker).

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
you forgot 2020, when we 11-3 with him in the team. In fact after the season resumed we hadnt won a game in the 1st 3 before we brought Aarts back in the team. we then won 11 of the next 13.

The stats are as stated.

His win loss this year is 2-3. Without him we are 7-3.

2020 he contributed. But the game was different then. The changes have been well documented.

If you include 2020, we're still worse off with him in than out.

Gazmatron

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2013

Time moves on appears the match committee has not with George and Aarts

Bourke30JC33

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 15, 2021
RFC - Back to Back Dynasties
Season is shaping nicely.
Cats are the Jaunty Jalopy, which always splutters and runs out of gas, wheels falling off, at the business end.
Rioli, even WebKam's marathon gut running, could prove crucial in the finals.
Kam could snag a couple of goals on the big day.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
It's a big test of our depth this week. Soldo, Ross, Aarts, George, MJ and Miller were all in the VFL two games ago against Coburg. We need a contribution from all of these blokes tommorrow.

Maneevo

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 13, 2011
The stats are as stated.

His win loss this year is 2-3. Without him we are 7-3.

2020 he contributed. But the game was different then. The changes have been well documented.

If you include 2020, we're still worse off with him in than out.
Yeah, but who are we missing in these games that required Aarts to play? I think those losses are more indicative of who was out than who was in. You could probably draw similar stats about any fringe player. They only play when the guns are injured.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Yeah, but who are we missing in these games that required Aarts to play? I think those losses are more indicative of who was out than who was in. You could probably draw similar stats about any fringe player. They only play when the guns are injured.
I feel like I've already responded to that idea three times in this thread.

You can agree or disagree.