Changes v GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v GWS

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I reckon Balta will play 2nd ruck and float forward too

I'm not sure which way this will go. They are quite tall.

Hogan, Himmelberg, Flynn / Briggs and Riccardi (unless he plays back which I don't think he will) suggests we will need all of Balta, Astbury and Grimes back. Broad will take the other.

8 defenders (already taken Baker out of the backline) though is a bit of a quandry, I wonder what we do with them all.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The supporters can see it at the end of every game but Dimma will not give him any good support and we get a burnt out Nank when we need him most. Add in CCJ into the mix and we would be more competitive
Yep, especially up forward with Jack and Tom well covered.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Ross being omitted with the injuries to the midfield has to be a bed sign for him personally

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Ralphsmith is a flanker. Has trained as a halfback but quite capable of playing wing.
We need pace and good kicking and I am sure that is why Naish and Ralphsmith have come in rather than Ross.
We have a patched up midfield but I can see what we are trying to do, we have been outplayed on the outside this year.
Castagna very lucky, has been horrible for a month

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
The Ross omission is baffling. Midfield depleted and we drop him for an outside flanker.
Yes bizarre selections. We have lost two of our best midfielders but we have not even selected one in place of them. Not only that; we’ve dropped another one. Thought this would have been a great opportunity to give Ross a real good run in the team to see if he can cut it.

If he can’t get a game with most of our midfield I’d reckon his papers are most likely stamped.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I'm not sure which way this will go. They are quite tall.

Hogan, Himmelberg, Flynn / Briggs and Riccardi (unless he plays back which I don't think he will) suggests we will need all of Balta, Astbury and Grimes back. Broad will take the other.

8 defenders (already taken Baker out of the backline) though is a bit of a quandry, I wonder what we do with them all.

Riccardi has played back in the VFL. Will be surprised if he’s not there in this game.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I don’t mind it. It’s something different and it suits the game style at the dump.
This will likely be a clearance mauling of the highest order. But the proof will be in the pudding. If we pull off a victory with this midfield line up it will most likely be because we’ve carved them up on the outside and Dimma will look like genius.

If we get well beaten due to clearance dominance then we’re well and truly behind the 8 ball.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Yeah not sure about dropping ross for naish. Too much work now for Dusty and Graham.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
This is ridiculous. Unless Nank is a masochist, surely he would show Dimma how tired he is after every game.
Nank will probably end up crippled like big Ivy. Ivan only played 80 games for the Tiges.
In those 80 games he played 90% game time in 37 games, 80% game time in 40 games and 70% game time in 3 games.
At least Nank isn't being made to play those huge minutes.
I'm spewing that big Ivy didn't play 100 games for the Tiges, he was done and dusted at 30 years of age, 29 really, he only played 3 games in his last year, he was rooted.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Our turnover game could decimate the giants this week.
Undermanned down back.
15 to 25 goal win on the cards.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Just looking at the team who are the players who can win clearances and attend centre bounces? Dusty, Baker, RCD, Pickett and Graham. Includes a bloke playing his 3rd game and 2 blokes who have played very little midfield at AFL level. Geez that is light on.

Reactions: 4 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Just looking at the team who are the players who can win clearances and attend centre bounces? Dusty, Baker, RCD, Pickett and Graham. Includes a bloke playing his 3rd game and 2 blokes who have played very little midfield at AFL level. Geez that is light on.
Only 1 fulltime recognised mid in that list. Dusty is more a fwd.

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Season in the line in this game.
To be honest, we have played poorly this year and deserve to be 8th.
If we don't beat GWS at Marvel we don't deserve to play finals.
Not optomistic.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Nah we’re good Aces. You know my opinion on Ross, he ain’t gonna help us.

Baker and Pickett are locks for midfield time along with Dusty, Graham, RCD.

The key to this game will be Short, Houli, McIntosh, Naish, Ralphsmith. If these guys can receive from the back and run, we’ll be well served at Marvel.

My only query is the lack of a third marking forward. I would’ve thought a slightly longer game would’ve protected the thin midfield roster.

I feel we have been lacking a dangerous third forward all year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Yeah I pondered whether losing this game means we’re done.

It doesn’t. If we lose again to Brisbane, we still have two soft games coming into the bye. 6-6 at the turn is a platform for finals if not top four.

As we need to keep saying, all we need is to be there come September.

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Club
Avg Age
Avg Gms
Avg Gls
Avg Hgt
Avg Wgt
Rich
26.14​
101.8​
80.0​
186.7​
86.0​
GWS
24.00​
62.3​
41.1​
189.4​
88.8​

Good numbers for us, missing personnel notwithstanding. It's rare that we've lost games like this under Hardwick. Yet I'll be pleased if we escape with the points.

Reactions: 4 users