Changes V Hawks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Hawks

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
In - Captain Courageous
Out - Caddy

I really want Ross to keep his spot, Marlion to take Caddy's place on the wing, Caddy the sub. Tipping/hoping that Vlastuin will be fit to play.

Edit

Apologies, just noticed there's already a thread.

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
My understanding of the new sub rule is that Vlastuin has to miss the next game? Can anyone confirm if this is accurate?

If so, out Vlastuin, Caddy Astbury (?) in Cotch, RCD and a tall defender (Miller, Chol, Garthwaite)

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Got nightmares about this game last year.

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
In Cotchin out Caddy

Not sure who comes in for Vlastuin and Astbury if they miss? What do we have in the defensive stocks? Miller? Garthwaite? If Houli is fit then definitely him.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
My understanding of the new sub rule is that Vlastuin has to miss the next game? Can anyone confirm if this is accurate?

If so, out Vlastuin, Caddy Astbury (?) in Cotch, RCD and a tall defender (Miller, Chol, Garthwaite)

No he doesn't. This is the SHocking rule and its right in namesake.

So the rule is, go off for concussion, then you sit out 12 days.
Go off for anything else, and we assume its 12 days, but as players recover at different times, we'll take the clubs and doctors advice as to why they can play in less time.

So yeah its 12 days, except when its not. The greyest of grey areas. Typical SHocking.

For me

Out Vlastuin (reckon he won't play regardless of the rule)
In Cotchin

Marlion goes to HB and Cotch comes into the middle. Would love to have Ross in the side though. If they were to leave Caddy out (which I don't think they will, they'll give him more than 1 game in that role), then Marlion to the wing, and Shedda to HB and Cotch into the middle with Ross.

If that did happen, how drool worthy would our HB line be, Shedda, Short and Bakes.

Reactions: 1 user

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
my thoughts during the game , cotchin in for Caddy ,

But if Vlastun doesnt play that might change ,

I worry for Caddy ,watching the game I think the new rules suit mobile running wingman who can cover the ground even more so than before

Reactions: 2 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Remember when we were *smile* and the Dawks were on their 3 peat? We always played well against them and even won one or two from memory.

Roles are reversed now. This could be a danger game.

Out: Vlastuin, Astbury

In: Cotchin, Ralphsmith

Huw

Tiger Cub
Aug 18, 2012
Albert Park
my thoughts during the game , cotchin in for Caddy ,

But if Vlastun doesnt play that might change ,

I worry for Caddy ,watching the game I think the new rules suit mobile running wingman who can cover the ground even more so than before
Like Kmac, how many bounces did he have last night?

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I know very little about the Hawks, probably because they have become a bit insignificant in the competition.

Genuine question - Are they an old, slow team or are they younger (and presumably a bit quick but inexperienced)?

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
In Cotchin
out Vlastuin

Kmac or Pickett to cover for V

Ross deserves a spot but not sure who misses. Possibly Caddy out and one of our mids moves to the wing.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I know very little about the Hawks, probably because they have become a bit insignificant in the competition.

Genuine question - Are they an old, slow team or are they younger (and presumably a bit quick but inexperienced)?

Outside of old man Burgoyne and perhaps Breust and McEvoy, they are relatively young.

Their midfield is their strength. Any midfield with Mitchell, O'Meara, Worpel and Shiel in it will compete with most vehicles. Their defence is suspect. Their forward line not much better but with Ceglar and MeEvoy rotating forward, they are an aerial threat but bombing in to them will work right into our hands.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004

I thought I heard when they are subbed out it's an automatic 11 days they can't play for, but if the AFL doctor clears them they can play the following week.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
In Cotchin
out Vlastuin

Kmac or Pickett to cover for V

Ross deserves a spot but not sure who misses. Possibly Caddy out and one of our mids moves to the wing.
Ross should move into the 22 and probably Caddy to be the sub (we'll need to rotate the sub each week). KMac/Marlion to cover for V.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

Take Burgoyne out and they are still mid-table for age. They should get worse before they get better.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Out: Vlastuin
In: Cotchin

Ross stays as substitute.

Pickett/McIntosh/Edwards to cover Vlastuin’s absence.