Changes v moggies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v moggies

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Looking forward to Nank smashing Stanley again. The concern is we are down a gun clearance player in Dusty, who should we bring in to replace him?

I think RCD is the best clearance player of our developing midfielders, and he has the size to hopefully negate to bigger bodied Cats midfield.

Jack, Tom and Mabs will smash the Cats defence if we can at least breakeven in the midfield.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Looking forward to Nank smashing Stanley again. The concern is we are down a gun clearance player in Dusty, who should we bring in to replace him?

I think RCD is the best clearance player of our developing midfielders, and he has the size to hopefully negate to bigger bodied Cats midfield.

Jack, Tom and Mabs will smash the Cats defence if we can at least breakeven in the midfield.
Nank had a poor game last time we played them.

assuming edwards and ross come in

the changes from last time we played -

out - martin, houli, kmac, balta, broad, vlastuin, rcd,
in - cotchin, lambert, grimes, chol, garthwaite, stack, parker

arguably a weaker side this time round on paper

main thing I remember is we were slaughtered in the centre, and everything fell apart thereafter. they were walking it out of the guts at will

this time we have a fresh nank (he played 8 in a row last time with no support). A fresh nank is the best ruck in the league, but can struggle when he's worn down by the bigger rucks during a long season.

we also didn't have cotch. even though he hasn't set the world on fire recently, there is no way geelong get easy ball out of the centre with cotch in there.

the main outs are from the backline. grimes, garthwaite, rioli and stack replace balta, broad, vlastuin and houli.

which leaves cotchin and lambert replacing martin and kmac. you could argue we have gained on the inside a bit there. dusty is no cotch when it comes to scrapping in tight.

but as always it all depends on ball out of the middle and how we defend as a team. last time we played like zombies.

we are structuring up differently now with 3 talls in the forward line, extra ruck support, and more running types in the backline

but most importantly I believe we were in the middle of changing our game plan during this period of the season to a more slower possession style. we have since reverted back to our faster game style, and it's taken a few weeks for us to find our rhythm. this is key imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
I'd replace KMac with Castagna and get Rioli back forward. Edwards to cover Rioli in defence, important to have him there I think with Vlastuin out of the side.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
If it's wet bring Caddy in for Martin & Edwards for McIntosh

Costagna & Aarts keep not performing but I don't think Jnr is ready & with Dan down back we are a bit light on all of a sudden.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
If it's wet bring Caddy in for Martin & Edwards for McIntosh

Costagna & Aarts keep not performing but I don't think Jnr is ready & with Dan down back we are a bit light on all of a sudden.
Caddy given one opportunity in the midfield is tempting, his bigger body and physicality would be good.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
In Cumberland, Edwards, Rioli M and Ross.
Out Aarts, Castagna, Martin and McIntosh.

B Garthwaite Astbury Grimes
HB Rioli D, Stack Cotchin
C Short Lambert Pickett
HF Cumberland Graham Edwards
F Rioli M, Lynch Riewoldt
R Chol Bolton Baker
i/C Mansell Nankervis Parker and Ross

Sub Collier-Dawkins.

Reactions: 1 user

sportshow

Tiger Rookie
Apr 14, 2009
We rarely do multiple changes without being required to through injury.

So it will be KMac and Martin out and Shedwards Cumberland/RCD (depending on what they think they need more fwd/mid) in for mine

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Jeremy Cameron kicked 6 against us last time up. He's a fair loss.
That said it's been offset by Dusty.
This is going to be a win to remember if we somehow get it done with our injuries.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Jeremy Cameron kicked 6 against us last time up. He's a fair loss.
That said it's been offset by Dusty.
This is going to be a win to remember if we somehow get it done with our injuries.
Reckon we'll put in a much better showing this time as we're gonna move the ball much quicker and get it forward with whatever means possible as opposed to the slow sideways chipping crap we were experimenting with last time. Fast ball movement and hard running is geelongs achilles heel. Just need to match their big bodies in the middle and Nank and Cotch will go a long way in doing this.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Match or nullify them in the middle is a key. Stop them marking it inside 50 is another - they took plenty against us last time and they took 28(!) against Freo last week. If we can bring it to ground in D50 we have the players to torch them on the rebound. And then we must take some catches down our end.

HeadandShin

Burning bright
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
Castagna out - not because of form but because twice he burnt teammates (in fact may have been Jack both times) trying to kick miracle goals. We built premierships by celebrating team success and not worrying about who kicked goals.

I was annoyed with George because Jack would have held the record for goals on a 300th if he had kicked 7. Then again he kicked a couple of points himself, and as you say, it’s about team goals.