Changes V Pies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Pies

With six picks inside top 50 as it currently stands, there's a few players on borrowed time.
I reckon with trades we could easily move6-8 off the list and suffer next to nil impact on field especially after exposed form and results this season.

Few blokes have shown that they are not going to be the types to take us forward.

Reactions: 1 user
A few more rapid losses and it'll be time to redirect our focus to cashing in on November and the trade draft to refresh and get some high end talent in.

Yes but if we win and either Eagles or GWS lose, we jump from 12 back into the 8 - tiss a mad season it is it is

I really hope Graham atones for last week, he was poor.
Is he really a CHF though?
Graham is an inside mid and our best with Prestia out.
We were slaughtered in centre clearances v Suns and during the game the obvious move was Fridge in there and Cotch out.
But instead he spent an inordinate amount of time at CHF.
#outsmartingourselves

A few more rapid losses and it'll be time to redirect our focus to cashing in on November and the trade draft to refresh and get some high end talent in.
Reckon we could already be there, Nank named and then retracted without any explanation... Suss if you ask me

Premiership players out injured

9 Richmond
3 West Coast (+1 suspended), Western Bulldogs
2 Geelong, St.Kilda
1 Fremantle, Gold Coast, Hawthorn, Port Adelaide, Sydney
In fairness only 5 teams have won premierships in the last 10 years. Seems a few aren't playing at their premiership clubs either.

Is he really a CHF though?
Graham is an inside mid and our best with Prestia out.
We were slaughtered in centre clearances v Suns and during the game the obvious move was Fridge in there and Cotch out.
But instead he spent an inordinate amount of time at CHF.
#outsmartingourselves
I'd argue Graham's ability as an inside mid. Has averaged less than 6 contested possies in his career. I reckon his best games have been as a link player and being able to sneak forward on the rebound and kick goals. Times he's been used as a primary inside mid he's struggled.

Looks like that pick swap with Geelong in 2020 is going to bite us. We now get Geelong's this year which could likely be 16 to 18 instead of our own likely between 6 and 9.

I don't buy this he's being played out of position, or he's being poorly handled. Jack need to play well at whatever position he is given; he's certainly not in the position to pick and choose. If he's not happy with that, he should find another club.
Nice one. This out of position stuff is a fallacy. Good players play well anywhere. And end up in the position role that best suits the side. If Jack was playing well enough he’d demand a midfield spot. We are missing 3 mids and he can’t force his way in there? That (and watching him play) shows me he isn’t good enough. And I doubt he will be. He’s had a golden opportunity to establish a spot. It’s not the selectors fault he isn’t playing.

OUT - Balta, Broad, Vlastuin, Edwards, Lambert, Prestia, Houli, Nankervis, Soldo ................................. #Tigershaveinjuries..
Arguably all would be in our most important dozen players?

Looks like that pick swap with Geelong in 2020 is going to bite us. We now get Geelong's this year which could likely be 16 to 18 instead of our own likely between 6 and 9.

That wasn't what the pick swap was. We still have our pick this year. We traded last years 1st, for Geelongs 1st this year. They got Pick 20 last year (Max Holmes) and we get their 1st this year.

That wasn't what the pick swap was. We still have our pick this year. We traded last years 1st, for Geelongs 1st this year. They got Pick 20 last year (Max Holmes) and we get their 1st this year.
Yep instead of pick 6 to 9 we:ll get 16 to 18 this year. Pretty hefty drop.

Yep instead of pick 6 to 9 we:ll get 16 to 18 this year. Pretty hefty drop.

No. We still have our pick this year.

We traded away our 2020 1st which was Pick 20. We didn't trade our 2021 pick.

So we will get 6-9 this year ASWELL as 16-18 in your example. We didn't take a 1st into the draft last year hence why Ryan was our 1st pick at Pick 40.

Reactions: 2 users

So we will get 6-9 this year ASWELL as 16-18 in your example. We didn't take a 1st into the draft last year hence why Ryan was our 1st pick at Pick 40.
Ok gotcha my bad.

that's two games in a row, collingwood is short kicking the ball with no pressure from their backline. Then go through the guts! Come On Dimma!

If we aren't marking the long bombs, why do we persist? These are the two areas we need to correct against any side. the suns did it to us last week and the pie have done it this week.

if we don't change these areas we will continue to decline.

Phew was starting to worry