Changes V Port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Port

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
There are players in our team who hardly chase and who hardly put on pressure but still get a game. Can't have one rule for one and one rule for others.
Don't get the angst are you serious? The rules don't apply to every player. You still got to have class in the team, cumbo in before Mansell every day including weekends.

Deadly serious.

The coaches have parameters; benchmarks; standards that must be met. They assign roles to players.

Clear out, bring the ball to ground, shut off this switch, stop this bloke doing that. Run there. Do this.

The players wear GPS's, review games and get feedback from coaches.

We arnt privvy to any of that.

So yeah im serious

Theres a heap of people on here who know *smile* all about footy, how footy clubs work, and crap on like they do.

Which is fine.

The internet is the place for that.

But im not gonna go 'yay, great insight'

the rapidity

Of the reversion

To pre-2017 rabble on here, is disconcerting

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Of the 18;named on the ground only three aren’t premiership players. And one of them is leading theJDM.
another one is on the bench.

Feb 25, 2007
Deadly serious.

The coaches have parameters; benchmarks; standards that must be met. They assign roles to players.

Clear out, bring the ball to ground, shut off this switch, stop this bloke doing that.

So yeah im serious

Theres a heap of people on here who know *smile* all about footy, how footy clubs work, and crap on like they do.

Which is fine.

Cumbo Kicked 4.1 last week, 17 disposals, 5 tackles, after 3.2 v Geelong VFL the week prior. ‬Also the #1 for "Tackles Inside 50" per game for us in the Seniors this year.
His defensive pressure is fine. Like I said he aint the only one who drifts in and out of games.

You need class, x factor players also to turn games on their head and cumbo can do this. Its not working with what we have. I want guys rewarded for playing well not getting freebies on selection.

I watched Clarke carefully last week kicked that goal off the ground but was like a cat around the contests in that last quarter.

Just on Macca hard runner, works hard but let's face it he only gets about 12 disposals with half going to the opposition.
Mansell not even getting a point from 30+ out, other than 2 in the first what did he do?

Reactions: 5 users
Feb 25, 2007
I know we have some injuries lynch, gibcus, tarant, hopper and rioli jnr but Port has some key talls out also, Marshall and Dixon plus Jonas at back.

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Travis BoakRibsTest
Charlie DixonQuadTest
Xavier DuursmaKnee5-7 weeks
Orazio FantasiaQuad1 week
Mitch GeorgiadesKneeSeason
Tom JonasSuspensionRound 12
Todd MarshallConcussionTest

I reckon Vlustuin gets up from his corkie, still has another 3 days.

From the Interchange, id say these 4 will make up the final bench> Ralphsmith, Cotchin, Miller, and Banks to debut.
Sub: I think they will go Clarke again or perhaps Dow even though he had a poor game.

Interchange:
[45] Tylar Young, [13] Hugo Ralphsmith, [27] Thomson Dow, [9] Trent Cotchin, [32] Samson Ryan, [42] Judson Clarke, [46] Ben Miller, [41] Sam Banks

Last edited:

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
the knock on cumberland is defensive effort

And you dont become defensive in a week.

He gets BOG and defensive efforts praised for a month in The 2nds

And you get promoted.

Thats good, long-term, footy development.

Ditto Sonz

I dont get the angst
The defensive efforts in the fwd 50 last week were top notch yeah, ok Cumbo needs to get to that standard.
We have one actual forward- Jack

Reactions: 1 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Deadly serious.

Clear out, bring the ball to ground, shut off this switch, stop this bloke doing that. Run there. Do this.

So yeah im serious

Which is fine.

But im not gonna go 'yay, great insight'
Oh the old ‘people who know eff all about footy’ are on here - yeah when they disagree with you..
You know nothing about what people on here know

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Don't kid yourself our reserves were very very poor being 5 goals down halfway through the last quarter, Essendon swithched off and a few players pulled their finger out (Sonsie, Banks and Miller). Cumbo was Cumbo about 15 minutes of terrific the rest headless effort. If anyone deserved a game in the AFL on that game it was Olden. Please watch a replay.
Watched the first three qtrs of the game and the magoos were extremely Richmondy and looked to be throwing the game in the garbage bin without much help from Essendrugs.
As for the Cummerbund comment. Phhht. Bloke was on right from the start of the game n worked his arse off.

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
There were never going to be major changes made to team this week.

Reactions: 2 users

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
Cumbo and Sonsie should have been picked. Get as many games into the kids that may make it as possible.

Reactions: 1 user

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Selection not a great start if you want change.
Personally think Macintosh should have been dropped, and Ralphsmith as well. Short back to backline, we overflowing with onballers wtf is he still doing in the middle
Sonsie and Cumbo in, Pickett back to wing, Ross into guts, Tylar Young can wait he had a good look and still learning the game.
Happy enough with Banks for K Mac wing. Ross into Middle
Yeah let's see who mini's favourites are. We may even see more changes within games. Perhaps a Richmond cooler? Exciting times.