Changes V Port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Port

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
I reckon Vlustuin gets up from his corkie, still has another 3 days.

From the Interchange, id say these 4 will make up the final bench> Ralphsmith, Cotchin, Miller, and Banks to debut.
Sub: I think they will go Clarke again or perhaps Dow even though he had a poor game.

Interchange:
[45] Tylar Young, [13] Hugo Ralphsmith, [27] Thomson Dow, [9] Trent Cotchin, [32] Samson Ryan, [42] Judson Clarke, [46] Ben Miller, [41] Sam Banks
I too would have liked Cumberland and Sonsie into the squad but can understand.

Interchange isn't as bad as everyone seems to be claiming aside from those two.
Either Young or Miller will come in for the CHB spot.
Either Ryan or Miller as the 2nd ruck/forward.
Vlastuin may still be out with Banks as replacement.

Agree with Merveille positional changes but Banks for Vlastuin.

Reactions: 1 user

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Hoping for the best on Sunday, but if we win it will be better than the second coming!!

Reactions: 1 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Every week posters complain about selections, when we win they go quiet, when someone like Cumberland (just as an example) plays and doesnt get a kick they go quiet, but when we lose and those kids dont play we "lost it at selection".
we heard the same thing in 2017, probably even in the finals with Townsend playing, or Caddy coming back, we heard it after the 18 prelim, we heard it through 2019, and 2020. we heard it before the cats game 2 weeks ago.

Im sure the MC arent perfect, but it appears posters on here think they are at times.
I agree with that. When we get it wrong, the least we can do is admit that. When you have the "opinion police" trying to shutdown other people I draw the line. Facts and results are a great counter to opinions.

If i am 100% honest the only time I have been "happy" or "enthused" with our footy this year was our first three quarters against the Dees. We looked a different team, dare I say it much like Collingwood.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I really like no change this week

1. It gives the side that royally ballsed up a chance at redemption under a new coach, and

2. McQualter and RFC start the new phase without panic, on an even footing.

3. Its possibly shrewd by McQualter as a controlled experiment - if he sends the same cattle to market that dimma sent last week, and he fetches a higher price, its the coach :cool:.

Theres going to be an incredible amount of change in the next 24 months,

Delaying its onset by a week is very astute IMO

Indestructible Calm
Yep, maybe Mini wants to test himself as coach of the same team on field. Changes will be made for sure throughout the weeks. We can already see Banks possibly debuting.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Yeah, but my opinion is enlightening for most other posters on here. Are you saying i cant give it?

Opinions are fine, but a lot of posters dress their opinions as fact, and keep repeating them- such as the old "we lost it at selection"- whilst refusing to acknowledge that people with a lot more knowledge than them, and a lot more on the line, are the ones making these decisions.
The power of PRE union!!

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
2017-2020 we had the players and most were young enough to play the Kamikaze, ballistic run all-day game plan.

In 2023 we still apply pressure when we feel like it seems but not like in the glory years, so what gives? Good to have runners but you need natural footballers which Cumberland is, and so is Sonsie. Pies atm have 2017 Richmond vibes. Essendon's ball use was sublime. We lost that game for two reasons too many turnovers which we kept returning it to Essendon in that last qtr and incorrect positioning of our defenders in and around the goal square. Where was the defensive structure? Only Rioli on the edge of the goal square. That ball should've been killed off by other defenders there to help.
Very true that @AstuteTiger

From 17-20 we had prime Dusty, Lynch, Jack, Cotchy, Houli etc as well. That really made the negatives much much less damaging.

We now lack any sort of ability to consistently execute basic skills or as you say defensive positioning for long enough. I don't want players getting a game who are lazy just because they can kick but boy oh boy have i had enough of players who cant.

Reactions: 2 users
Feb 25, 2007
Hoping for the best on Sunday, but if we win it will be better than the second coming!!

I reckon we can win. Need to cut down on the turnovers, we are handing it back way too often. Each game costs us 2-3 goals and in some games that is the ball game.
One area that will help is our forward 50 entries, it's woeful atm. With no lynch we gotta lower the eyes and have the forwards leading into space.
Yes, we do it sometimes but it seems it is embedded into their heads to just bomb it long.

Also, need our forwards to make it harder for the port defenders getting it out. To easy for teams to transition the ball out of our forward line. Not enough pressure put on in our fwd 50. I want to see Pickett chase and harass time after time. Mansell the same. You ain't going to get that from Dusty, Cotchin and Jack. Hopefully, Graham to can forward pressure. Bolton has been good in this area of "pressuring and tackling" of late.

• Love

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Oh the old ‘people who know eff all about footy’ are on here - yeah when they disagree with you

I just realised you were all actually saying,

' the Match Committee obviously know heaps more about footy than me,

but they should play Cumberland and drop Mansell'

So my misunderstanding

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Yeah, but my opinion is enlightening for most other posters on here. Are you saying i cant give it?

Opinions are fine, but a lot of posters dress their opinions as fact, and keep repeating them- such as the old "we lost it at selection"- whilst refusing to acknowledge that people with a lot more knowledge than them, and a lot more on the line, are the ones making these decisions.
If you mentally frame everyone’s posting with the leading words ‘in my opinion’ you will be good.

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
All Ports wins in Melbourne have been at Marvel. I think we can roll them. we need some Mini Magic.

Feb 25, 2007
Cumbo out, might just make it as the sub ;)

Arent we now too tall, Miller and Young in, Ryan remains and its raining on Sunday.

Tigers.jpg

Feb 25, 2007
Pickett named straight in the guts (y)prefer him there or the wing than as a forward

• Love
Reactions: 2 users