Changes V Port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Port

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
So hang om, can I get this right?

Posters on here complain that we aren't marking the ball and letting easy marks outside of our F50, so we pick an extra tall, and then we suddenly become too tall.

Which is it? Or is this just people hedging their bets so the old "we lost it at the selection table" can be rolled out again??

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

Posters on here complain that we aren't marking the ball and letting easy marks outside of our F50, so we pick an extra tall, and then we suddenly become too tall.

Which is it? Or is this just people hedging their bets so the old "we lost it at the selection table" can be rolled out again??
I was referring to being too tall down back. Not sure we needed Young.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I was referring to being too tall down back. Not sure we needed Young.

He will take the 2nd tall and I assume Grimes will take Vlastuins role. Either that or Young takes their tall (Lord), Broad puts Finlayson back into his pocket where he keeps him, and Balta plays the intercept role. I think Young is coming in to free either Balta or Grimes up for that role.

Reactions: 8 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012

Picking talls who can't mark the ball doesn't help.

This year Cotchy is averaging twice as many contested marks per game as Nankervis.

Cumberland has taken three times as many contested marks as Nank this year.

You can get more marking power without more height.

Reactions: 1 users
Feb 25, 2007
1-5mm heavy? In QLD, we can get that in 10 mins. 80mm a day is heavy!

Guess I didn't articulate myself properly, my bad. Also, I didn't say 1mm is heavy if it's 5mm but raining all day then of course it will be heavy by virtue of continuous rain. It doesn't even matter whether it's 5 mm or 10mm or more, this im saying more for Ryan if it rains all day can't have him in the side. Hence, why I said hoping it's 1mm max .

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Picking talls who can't mark the ball doesn't help.

This year Cotchy is averaging twice as many contested marks per game as Nankervis.

Cumberland has taken three times as many contested marks as Nank this year.

You can get more marking power without more height.
Thinks Nanks has missed a game or two?

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
How long before we can sack Mini Minor? Does he realise their is no point in tanking when we don’t have our first pick

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Had to be done. Mjack
At least we have another big man named as a forward instead of leaving it all to Jack. Whether it works remains to be seen
Jack was completely obliterated last week. Ryan couldn’t take a grab. So good work, let’s see if Miller can help out.

Reactions: 3 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Every week posters complain about selections, when we win they go quiet, when someone like Cumberland (just as an example) plays and doesnt get a kick they go quiet, but when we lose and those kids dont play we "lost it at selection".
we heard the same thing in 2017, probably even in the finals with Townsend playing, or Caddy coming back, we heard it after the 18 prelim, we heard it through 2019, and 2020. we heard it before the cats game 2 weeks ago.

Im sure the MC arent perfect, but it appears posters on here think they are at times.
If we were winning games all well and good stick with those that played against the Bummers
Truth is we’re 3 wins from 10 games and it’s the same old Players are gifted games Others are dropped to VFL for weeks on end if they are BOG they’re still overlooked
Dont know about others but I want to see wins and :cupgold Always looking for improvement in our side selection should be the best side possible

Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Port and HJinkley will get right ahead of emselves if they turn over the Tigers.

Someone needs to tell em that beating the RFC aint no achievement these days :))

Reactions: 1 user

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
He will take the 2nd tall and I assume Grimes will take Vlastuins role. Either that or Young takes their tall (Lord), Broad puts Finlayson back into his pocket where he keeps him, and Balta plays the intercept role. I think Young is coming in to free either Balta or Grimes up for that role.
In the past I'm pretty sure Broad has played Tigga's role when out of the side. Will be interesting how it pans out.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Won’t be surprised if Noah spends part of his day in the forward line. Depending on Jacks form..

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Are we going in too tall today given the weather?
Let's see what McQualter does.
He could break all records getting booed before the bounce.
It's pissing down and doesn't look like clearing.
Sampson out and in the hardest nosed kid in the 2's.
So that means no Sony.
Where's Maxfield or Free?