Changes v The Bombres | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v The Bombres

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Richmond have 9 indigenous players on the list. I wish they asked some team members to step aside this week and let all 9 play.
Don't worry about the four points but what a statement the club could have made about brotherhood and togetherness. Maybe next year.
Should be based on merit, why risk our season?

Reactions: 3 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Richmond have 9 indigenous players on the list. I wish they asked some team members to step aside this week and let all 9 play.
Don't worry about the four points but what a statement the club could have made about brotherhood and togetherness. Maybe next year.
We could play our best AFLW player as well. Diversity personified.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
A number of players selected this week who on current
form simply don’t deserve it. Castagna and Houli have been getting in on past performances for several weeks now. No indication that things are about to change.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
A number of players selected this week who on current
form simply don’t deserve it. Castagna and Houli have been getting in on past performances for several weeks now. No indication that things are about to change.
Houli has received coaches votes in 2 out the last 5 games.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Exactly. He runs hard, handball option, kicks long or to a target. His defence and disposal getting better every week. 21 disposals last week.

People are writing him off way too soon.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I see the Lions have dropped the barometer. How the hell are they going to wi without their barometer??

AFL.com ran a big expose on 'Beast Mode', barometer, heart and soul, beautiful person, Matheson.

(he received 6 free kicks for 'to high' on debut FFS)

then the Lions dropped him 2 hours later.

:rotfl1

But no doubt he could be the most important orange cutter in the history of a side making a semi-final push

either that, or the least talented, greatest head ducker the game has known, beating Greg-Brian Myers into 2nd by quite a margin.

Reactions: 1 users

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
AFL.com ran a big expose on 'Beast Mode', barometer, heart and soul, beautiful person, Matheson.

(he received 6 free kicks for 'to high' on debut FFS)

then the Lions dropped him 2 hours later.

:rotfl1

But no doubt he could be the most important orange cutter in the history of a side making a semi-final push

either that, or the least talented, greatest head ducker the game has known, beating Greg-Brian Myers into 2nd by quite a margin.
Pretty good at head butting players also....doesn't get suspended because commentators love the emotion!

• Haha

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Still trying to understand the meedja hype on the Bummers.....Freo in Melbourne, North......hmmmmmmm, and WC with two men down for over half the game.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Pretty good at head butting players also....doesn't get suspended because commentators love the emotion!

I think he reminds the commentators of this fella running amok on their tvs.

"whatcha gonna do, watcha gonna do when Mathiseonmania runs wild on you"

1622791946706.png

• Haha

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Houli’s form has dropped off markedly. He had a very good game against the Bulldogs but I think he has dropped off since.
He is not challenging opponents with the ball and his disposal has gone off. Kicking and by hand also loopy.

He has been a magnificent Tiger and made an enormous contribution to 3 flags.
Hope he recaptures his best soon!

Reactions: 4 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Houli’s form has dropped off markedly. He had a very good game against the Bulldogs but I think he has dropped off since.
He is not challenging opponents with the ball and his disposal has gone off. Kicking and by hand also loopy.

Hope so too Momentai.. Houli had equal 4th most disposals. 11 kicks, 10 hb, 10 marks, 2 tackles. 1 clanger.

Sure, stats are just stats, but he's looking better every week to me.

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015

He's not the only one, although I haven't looked at the stats, Shorts disposal efficiency can't be anywhere it used to.

Reactions: 1 user