Changes versus Port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes versus Port

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Boys seem to be boarding the plane now. Anyone at the airport spotting? We'll take all 26 over according to Jack.

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Against Port in Aug. we had 2 rucks - Soldo & Chol (with Jack, Lynch, Balta) so Nank takes Soldo's place. Since Astbury's knee is heavily bandaged he might not tame the gorillas so Broad fills his spot. Certainly worth considering even if only for insurance if Nank goes down. Too late to experiment with Miller. Who else?
No one else.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Jack just said while discussing match ups up forward ,

with myself lynch and perhaps Marbz up there ,

would he drop that name if he wasn’t seriously in the frame ?
Has to be a wind up.
He was terrible in the ruck and worst in the forward line.
Advoided all body contact.
Finals are physical games, taking him is suicide for us.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Dixon on a lead is undefendable, as is any good forward. The issue there is delivery to Dixon on a lead - must win it in the centre or make sure the delivery forward is pressured and/or wide.

They have big strong rucks, even going well I'm not convinced Chol is a good match as he doesn't seem to be able to compete with body strength. He can jump but his timing has been out and you do have to grapple in the ruck. Not looking like the solution to me.

Against that is that Nank on his own is not great (risky too) and how does Nank feel about this, does he feel he can cope with rucking alone? Of course, with Astbury back Balta is an option as a ruck/defender.

I'm still thinking no change and we try and nullify any ruck advantage with players like Graham in the middle making sure they don't get clean possession.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Putting in Chol would smell of desperation by the match committee.

So I hope it is a rumour.

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Do they get the tarps out of the storeroom for this one or do they have enough supporters this year?

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Has to be a wind up.
He was terrible in the ruck and worst in the forward line.
Advoided all body contact.
Finals are physical games, taking him is suicide for us.
Like you Seven, I worry about that as a selection. He did nothing in the last two games he played, so how is he going to change that around??

jgarg

Tiger Cub
May 6, 2005
There is a chance of rain Friday night and if that happens then maybe Chol will not be in the team.

jgarg

Tiger Cub
May 6, 2005

Friday 16 October​

Summary
light-showers.png
Min 13Max 25Possible shower.Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mmChance of any rain: 40%
rain_40.gif

Adelaide area​

Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. Winds east to southeasterly 25 to 40 km/h becoming light in the early afternoon then becoming southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h in the evening.

Brooklyn Tiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 23, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Dimma has earned our trust but i think that would be seriously questioned if he plays Chol this week. I saw enough in his last few games to not want him in the side again - structure or not. WE can't have the risk in a prelim of one guy not pulling his weight and walking around half-arsed.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Reckon Dimma will want to play Chol considering how easily we exposed their backline last time with limited fwd entries. Second ruck isn't his main thought.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Reckon Dimma will want to play Chol considering how easily we exposed their backline last time with limited fwd entries. Second ruck isn't his main thought.
Then bring in Caddy who is good marking, strong bodied pest.

Reactions: 3 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
You have back the match committee guys if they put Chol in I think they have earned it.Leave Nank ruck alone with a chop out is a risk , put Chol in could work or fail.