Changes vs GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs GWS

Feb 25, 2007
Yep. I meant at AFL level.

Fair enough but that can also be said for many players in the seniors, who are just coasting or not playing to a level that should keep them in the side.
Anyways, hope the boys get up tomorrow and ill also be watching the ressies.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
WS you are missing the point. Even if it was true that Jack is still part of our best available team and no one who has watched him over the last few weeks could seriously contend that he is, his selection is now a waste of time and a space (see 129).

Gifting games to players that aren't ready is also not in the best interests of the club. It indicates that you don't have to work hard to win your place in the AFL lineup so not sure why you suggested Bradke above. If he was ripping it up in the 2's I'd agree with you, but we get nowhere by just throwing players in that aren't ready.

Now BIggy may give us an option in the coming weeks. Maybe a freshen up for Jack where he doesn't go to Perth next week. Biggy looked good today forward of centre and a 1 week break then back for the Saints with the bye the week after may well freshen Jack right up for the back end of the year.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Gifting games to players that aren't ready is also not in the best interests of the club. It indicates that you don't have to work hard to win your place in the AFL lineup so not sure why you suggested Bradke above. If he was ripping it up in the 2's I'd agree with you, but we get nowhere by just throwing players in that aren't ready.

Now BIggy may give us an option in the coming weeks. Maybe a freshen up for Jack where he doesn't go to Perth next week. Biggy looked good today forward of centre and a 1 week break then back for the Saints with the bye the week after may well freshen Jack right up for the back end of the year.

exactly. The risk is that you get WC style results if you play players who are not ready, arguably does more harm than good.

Young players will learn heaps by playing with Jack and Cotch, less by getting smashed every week without them.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb

Didn’t say Bradtke was the right choice. I believe I said he was a better choice.

Jack may get a break… until Trent’s 300.
After that event imo the clubs best interests served by opportunities being given to others.

Development of Bauer and Nuyen much more important and hope Jacks plans don’t get in the way of that.